1995 Max II parking brake?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1995 Max II parking brake?

1995 Max II parking brake?

I have a 1995 Max II that I have owned for a few years. It has a brake pedal on the left side of the floorboard, but no way to lock it like a parking brake. I rarely ever use the brake. I was wondering if it even came new with a locking feature as I bought it used. I do not see any way to lock it. The only time I may ever need it is parking on a steep incline, but I am thinking the T-20 in gear would hold the machine in place. Any info much appreciated. RR

Parking it in fwd will not hold it. Parking in rev. may, but still not a good idea. I have used a tree before, just drive uphill of the tree and let the machine roll backwards into it. Parking sideways may also be an option, but if the hill is too steep then parking at all is a bad idea.

The brake mechanism on the max machines was really bad when they were brake bands (like yours) and only a little better when they went to disc/caliper. The disc brake version was much better as a parking brake, just hope you never need them as a real brake.

10-4. I just wanted to verify it never had an actual parking brake from the factory. I will utilize a tree or something solid if I ever need to park it. Its pretty flat here in eastern Virginia where I live, but my Dad has a farm in the mountains of Virginia and it is crazy steep. I have not taken the Max to the mountains yet, but would like to just to see how well it will climb and navigate where the quads go. In the past few years I have owned this Max, I have learned how to operate it to where I really don't use or need a brake. Thanks, RR

I have Max VI 2005 and I hate the brake I want to delete cause I live in SW FL and is really flat area what you guys think about it.

i haven't had my brake hooked up in quite a while on my max 2 . i never was good for stopping...only parking. reverse works good for that if it's not to steep a incline. i can shift pretty easily from reverse to forward on a slite slope ' but i usually will back up to a somewhat level spot before going into forward gear. j.b.

+ Reply to Thread