What a shame........

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What a shame........

What a shame........

Am I the only user who is saddened by the apparant unraveling of the 6x6 community?

While many users are the same individuals, still just as friendly, just as enthusiastic when riding, just as helpful and just plain nice people to be around now seem somewhat hushed, although the racing community stays tight knit and connected firmly.
    Understanding people have things to do and some people come around or out seasonally, it is just plain quiet around the internet.

Personally I find it a shame that a little negativity and impersonality can easily separate a once tight knit community into an almost divided community. Granted there will and should always be specifically aimed sites and pages on the web it always seemed this was the united front for amphibious atvs or as Argo has renamed xtvs, with a warm welcome to all who visited and eventually joined.

Now it is not just this site that has limited postings, be it here, there or the many Facebook pages the community seems quiet in general, almost guarded, in what is out there. I believe the total amount of posts and replies of all the sites and pages today are still incomparable to the normal activity posted here 2 years ago combined.
    Even the gallery contributions have dropped which is a major draw to any site or page, users riding pictures are a major draw and something missed on all sites and pages.

Correct me if I'm off or out of line for feeling as if the community is on the verge of unraveling again after seeing this happen in the 80's. While some of us select few have been involved 20,30,40 even 50 years there are new owners coming into the scene filled with separatism, this is the future of the community and even though some are second or third generation riders, some new riders are completely unfamiliar with these machines and the wonderful people that come with them.

It appears as if the impersonality of all the sites and pages are a large part of the issue with Kyle being the only administrator of a
    Page regularly welcoming new members. Please reply to this post with your freely welcomed opinions be it positive or negative towards my solely personal view.

Thanks, Jim

Should the majority of the opinions be that I'm off, I will ask "moderator" Bob(s) to remove it as it may just be my personal ranting.
    Last edited by ARGOJIM; 07-06-2018 at 05:52 PM.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I don't know that we are divided but I have seen a significant drop off in posts. I believe you are correct about the number being much bigger a couple of years ago. I am fairly new. Only six years or so but the amount of people that welcomed me in when I started was a big factor in why I am still here. I hadn't been a part of the site for more than a week and I was already invited to another members house to check out his machines. Would that happen if I were a new member today? I don't know, but I have noticed that some of the people who welcomed me in have either stopped posting or don't post nearly as often as they once did. I am here for the long haul (bad back and all) so let me just say that I am happy to be a part of the sport and I am willing to support anyone who wants to get into it. Much of the fun for me (as I am sure it is for a lot of members) is helping another the way I was helped and seeing that person on the track or in the mud.
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Hi Jim and smudvapor, For what its worth here is a little movie of some Argo people getting it done on our Canada Day in the marsh.

I like those high back seats!
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

i for one really enjoy this forum . i only get to ride with others at busco twice a year . wish we were all closer so we could ride together at least a couple of times a month ! i've only been involved with the site and rides a few years..but have seen many fall away for whatever reasons. i'm not as knowledgable about the machines as many others, but it's as close to riding together and learning stuff as possible here . i think there is a good hard core that stays connected.. thanks, johnboy va.

I’ve only been around for a couple of years but the help I’ve received has been great. Now I will say I don’t post as much here but I checked my number of posts and it has been running pretty even but I’m also on 2 (in my opinion) great 6x6 sites.

Jim, I too have noticed the lack of activity on the site. I can't speak for other members, but various circumstances have kept me from even riding my machine for several months now. Those circumstances include high water at my riding spot, busy at work, busy with family, etc. As soon as I get time, I'm going to get started on a Hustler 980 build, but that may be winter before I can. But, I do miss the opportunity to help or receive help.

Well I guess I’ve noticed a little bit of a drop in the participation on both sites as far as that goes, here’s my “reason” I don’t post as much. I’ve learned tons of knowledge from this site and it’s members over the last 4 Year’s so I don’t have to ask you guys as much as I used too. But I’m gonna build 1 more machine so I’ll be askin again more than likely�� LOL
    Thanks to all for your help!!

I often wonder why the lack of activity also. I’m with Dave on this one. I’ve learned a lot as well and don’t ask as much as I used too. Jim, I started welcoming new members but not many people joined in so I wasn’t sure if I was overstepping any boundaries even though I can’t imagine why. Maybe it was just lack of activity. I joined a tractor site and the welcome posts lasted for three days. Maybe just more users, not sure. Since I’ve joined I met many great people and made new friends. Around here there is no one that has an amphib or has even seen one. As an enthusiast I look to this site for entertainment in this hobby. We are few and far between so I understand getting together to ride is a big deal but posting takes little to no effort. Hopefully activity picks up and this is just a slow streak. I am thankful for you “regulars” that watch this site closely and share your years of wisdom on a regular basis. Hopefully this thread will rally the troops.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

I hate to think that disagreements and grudges are pulling our group apart, but I'm afraid that may be the case at least for some. There are a lot of great people in this hobby and even though many of us are far apart geographically, we're a pretty close knit bunch. I've been lax in welcoming new members to the group, but I will try and improve my people skills. Okay, I'll try to develop some people skills where none exist. We'll need new members just to replace some that fall away from the hobby.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

+ Reply to Thread