J-wheelz

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: J-wheelz

Cool

Man those look cool. I guess what would hold me up on them is the width thing. I already have trouble getting down some of the trails I ride on. Obviously this is about the most stable thing for the water, but do they perform better than tracks and a trolling motor???
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Thumbs down

buy the looks of the viedo the j wheels would be a great alternitive to dulies more flotation, haul more cargo, more stable, less stress on axels and way faster install time. but as far as an alternitive to trax i dont think so. tracks elimnate the space in between the tires and i think in deep snow they would not peform as well as a tracked machine. i would be intersted to see some viedo of the j s in the snow. hopefully we see these things on the trail more and can get a side by side compareson to trax and a plain jaine machine. way cool product.

J wheels 900$
    tracks and trolling motor 3000 +
    Last edited by 6wheelie; 08-20-2009 at 08:44 PM.

The J-Wheelz sell for $294.50 a pair. The J-Wheelz weigh six pounds each.

Cost effective

Quote Originally Posted by 6wheelie View Post
    buy the looks of the viedo the j wheels would be a great alternitive to dulies more flotation, haul more cargo, more stable, less stress on axels and way faster install time. but as far as an alternitive to trax i dont think so. tracks elimnate the space in between the tires and i think in deep snow they would not peform as well as a tracked machine. i would be intersted to see some viedo of the j s in the snow. hopefully we see these things on the trail more and can get a side by side compareson to trax and a plain jaine machine. way cool product.

J wheels 900$
    tracks and trolling motor 3000 +
    I'd have to agree that a tracked AATV would out performing these in deep snow, ice and possibly even very soft deep mud. In all other terrain conditions, especially water the J-wheels look like a clear winner. Cost much less and easy to install make them pretty attractive.
    Toyman's AATV Toys;

Max IV
    Project Muscateer (trans. rebuild)
    Previously owned AATVs; Terra Tiger, pair of MaxIIs and Attex 450 Tomahawk, Hustler

J-Wheels Testing

We tested the J-wheels, on the MaxIV with 26" tires. The floatation is amazing as seen in the video's. We tried large 3'' paddles in the water it went a little slower than with the standard paddles, we also took on water running full speed. You don't get that tippy feeling with the J-Wheels. I was able to drive back into the catails where previously I could not. I was able to exit the water where I could not with out J-Wheels. They really make it feel stabil in the water. They are light weight and can be carried in the back seat area. You can take them on and off fast I took all 6 jwheelz off in 3 minutes with their special tool and a drill gun.
    I tested them in the woods, my trails wider now and they take the bark off the trees. J-wheelz make fishing I the Max way better, you can cast standing up, haul more weight too. I will be installing an out board motor on the max IV. They act like duellies with out the added weight.
    Currently the J-wheels are only available for 4x4's with 23" tires or larger.
    Last edited by Mike; 08-21-2009 at 10:10 AM.

maxking what is your opnion are they equilevent to trax or not. give us details on swamp thick mud and snow if possible.

6wheelie,

With the J-wheelz added to all six tires , your psi will be lower than with just tires alone , but the J-wheelz " can not " lower your psi as low as a wide, long , continueous track.

Hello and Thank You! for the test videos.

I would have to agree that the J-wheelz are most impressive. However they won't replace tank like tracks for winter riding.

J-wheelz do not go all that well in loose snow and act more like anchors.

Steering in deeper snow is difficult with J-wheelz. They tend to pull the steering abruptly on either side.

However they do very well in slush.

I did not see any advantage when plowing the yard (snow) with the J-wheelz on.

I have a set of tatou (camoplast) atv tracks, and The J-wheelz work much better in the non-frozen terrains.

The only downside to the J-wheelz that i have seen apart from the trail width restrictions is rocky or obstacle ridden inclines along the trails. Where the extra width of the J-wheelz tips you into a rather precarious angle.

The best thing for winter is tracks or some decent chains.

http://www.wallingfords.com/babac/im...ulti_large.jpg

Thanks again.
    Last edited by cobalt; 08-21-2009 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Keep getting timed out.. Fixing typos.

J-wheelz won't replace tracks in snow on a 6x6. They are a lot lighter than tracks and cheaper. They act more like duel tires with out the added weight and less strain on the axels, with easier turning depending on what you are riding on, most of the time you don't notice that they are there.
    They will help if you happen to go thru the ice. I haven't tried them in the snow yet, but they do help on 4x4's in snow, that don't have tracks. They do go over rocks, logs & small trees, they tend to tear up the trees rip the bark right off and keep going.
    I take them off when riding on narrow trails. J-wheels do go on and off easy.
    I will be testing the big paddles on my Max IV in the swamp and mud later this week or next and will put out another video. Also I picked up a 6 hp
    outboard, it should make it faster and quieter in the water, and more fun.
    It should make fishing more fun too.

First 6x6 with J-Wheels

Cobalt

What were you riding with J-wheelz on it?
    I have not tried J-wheelz in the snow yet. I've heard that they make a big difference in snow on 4x4's as long
    as it is not to fluffy. Chains probably won't work with J-Wheelz but studs put in your tires and J-Wheels would work really well. Tracks on a Max work the best for plowing snow.

As far as I know My Max IV is the first 6x6 with J-wheelz, and the only one.
    I'm testing them for J-Wheels.
    J-Wheels Kits for 6x6's are not available yet. After some more testing they
    will be soon.

They have been tested extensively on 4x4's, the guys testing them said they
    never had so much fun playing in the mud, riding thru places they couldn't have ridden with out getting stuck.

I know I can go thru places that I couldn't with out them, like riding on the sand and mud on the river banks. Where the soft sand would suck me into the water with the J-Wheels it does not. Getting out the water where I couldn't before, entering and exiting the water at steeper inclines with drop offs. I think I really like these things especially for playing in the water.

Enough for now guys. Thanks for the interest.

+ Reply to Thread