Dumb newbie questions...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dumb newbie questions...

Dumb newbie questions...

I have an Attex ST300, do these things run an air filter of some sort?? Mine doesn't have one. Can someone point me in the direction a wire diagram for my machine, the harness has been so buchered up so I'm just gonna rewire it and last where can I get a manual for my Attex....thanks!
    Last edited by Big Sal; 01-24-2009 at 11:51 PM.
    A person who says "anything is possible" obviously has never tried to staple jello to a tree....

Yes, they had an air filter that was held onto the Tillitson carb with three machine screws. You should be able to find a filter to fit the carburetor without too much trouble, but I think you'll have to remove the wild velocity stack!

There's a wiring diagram in the manual. I'll try and get it scanned and posted in the next couple days. It seems everybody wants to cut into the wiring harnesses of the old machines!
    Last edited by Don; 01-24-2009 at 11:57 PM.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

You saw the stack huh...LOL I was actually going to see if I could find a K&N to fit the end of it...If anything it will look cool! The previous however many owners have gotten into the harness, replacing it don't look to difficult, I found what I believe is a rectifier in the engine compartment...it's unplugged, is that a red flag that maybe the charging system is toast?
    A person who says "anything is possible" obviously has never tried to staple jello to a tree....

The charging systems on the older two-stroke engines aren't much to begin with, to tell the truth. You may have enough output to keep up with the electric start as long as you're not using it lots, but if you use the headlights for any length of time, you end up losing your charge. Good thing is, the engine end of the system is almost bullet-proof and rectifier/regulators are fairly cheap.

Here's the circuit diagram from the manual.

Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

So I guess if I want any more lights I gotta think outside the box....you seem to know quite a bit about these things (go figure since you own a whole herd of them...LOL)....the primer is disconnected, there is a short length of hose on the carb with a screw in it...do I really need the primer or is it a waste of time putting it back on? If I do need it...how does it connect? It starts ok just choking it. I also wanted to ask if there is a way to move the control sticks closer to the dash....I'm a big guy and the sticks a bit close for me to use them, I was thinking of drilling another hole a few inches up the rod that goes back to the caliper and re attatch the stick to it (moving it closer to the dash) but I didn't know if that would screw up the adjustment....Thanks for entertaining my questions...I hope I'm not being a PITA....LOL Thanks for the schematic...it helps a bunch..
    Last edited by Big Sal; 01-26-2009 at 01:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread