Project Attex

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Project Attex

Project Attex

Hello all!

I am new here. Found this site by searching for info on 6x6 when I was in the process of working up a trade. I got this Attex a week ago for a barter deal. I believe (by playing around on the site here) that it is an ST300 or similar. It has a JLO Rockwell 300. I have reworked the top-end and rebuilt the carb, and it is running great. However, I discovered that the housing at the starter is broken, so I cannot use the starter, just the pull rope.

Also, I have an issue with the reverse shifter mechanism. I pulled the T20 out and found the little 'nipple' that shifts the gear to forward-reverse-neutral is broken (right side drive). I will do a little machining at work tomorrow and repair that. Should not be a problem.

I posted a few pics in my gallery, but it may take me awhile to figure out how to use them, and the forum, for that matter.

Thanks to whomever is it charge here! It looks like a great site.

coldnorth.

Lamar E.
    Kingsley, PA

Welcome Lamar, nice machine you have there! It is an Attex 295 Wild Wolf. You don't see very many of these with the green body. I think it looks great. If you ever need T-20 transmission parts, you can still get them from Recreatives Industries in Buffalo, NY. They manufacture the Max AATV's and the T-20 Transmission and are very helpful when it comes to parts and tech support. Amphibious Six-Wheel Drive All-Terrain Vehicles: MaxATVs - Call 1-800-255-2511 Please be sure to keep us update on the progress of this cool project. Also, there are a lot of us around the NY/PA/OH area so a bunch of folks meeting up for rides and events is always a possibility.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Welcome,

Congrats on your new attex!!! Hope you enjoy it and post progress as it goes!!!
    Larry

That's a beauty, Cold North;

I have to agree with JP that it's rare to find a Wild Wolf in the factory green. You've got a great project machine to work with. Good luck, and post pics!
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

OK UPdate

I got the JLO 300 running fine. Trans is back together and working great. I have been riding it! It still needs tires and chains. Also the starter is broken out of the housing, so I start with a rope. Perhaps the budget will loosen a bit shortly to get another engine, etc.

I am doing some research to see what wheels tires, and adapters I can use on this.

The body pan has some issues to attend to before I do any 'boating'.

VERY fun project so far.

Thanks for your interest.
    Lamar

Take a picture of the broken part. If you post it, someone might have a replacement for it. That would be cheaper and easier than replacing the engine.
    Banned

Thanks George, it is the engine housing itself that is broken, I think.
    Attached Images

Is this the Wild Wolf? I tried the plastic test that Brian suggested and Nail polish remover did not seem to affect the material ? Is this ABS or poly?

Thanks
    Attached Images

Don, please correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think green bodies were ever made in ABS. if we don't hear from Don, try some straight acetone just to be sure
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

There were actually a few ABS plastic body Attex 6x6's. There were even some first generation green machines as well. Here is Joe M's Wild Wolf.

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread