Which model would it be?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which model would it be?

Which model would it be?

Hello everyone, my name is Brad. I am new to the forum here and love what many of you have done with your machines.

I have just purchased an Attex that I will be building into a small logging machine. I do not have the machine home yet because it is buried in the snow about an hour and a half drive from home. I do not know what the year or many of the specs are. However, I do know that it has a 16hp Tecumseh. I bought the machine for a song. Any help would be much appreciated.

Brad.

Hey, Brad;

If the engine's original equipment, the machine's a Tomahawk- very nice little Attex. Great find!
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Ok what year(s) did they build the tomahawk? If my memory stands correct the last I saw this machine of mine it was a green body on it. Would that make any difference as to the model?

I would like to find schematics or a whole manual for this machine as this is my first 6x6 build.

Brad.

The T'hawk was manufactured from about 1977 to 1980 and they came in yellow or green. The engine is an OH160 overhead valve model.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

I just talked to the previous owner and he said that it definately is a tomahawk. Guess that is a step in the right direction. I can now start finding info on them.

What transmission is in the tomahawk? I have been trying to soak up all the info I can on the machine. I could use all the info I could get at this point in time so I can dive right into the build as soon as it gets home. This machine will be a work/play machine for me. It will be retrofitted with a blade, roll cage, winch(s), and a good solid hitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Critter View Post
    What transmission is in the tomahawk? I have been trying to soak up all the info I can on the machine. I could use all the info I could get at this point in time so I can dive right into the build as soon as it gets home. This machine will be a work/play machine for me. It will be retrofitted with a blade, roll cage, winch(s), and a good solid hitch.
    Hello, Critter,
    The t hawk has a T-20. Good ole reliable machine. Good luck with the project and the mods.

Larry is absolutely right, the combination of a torquey, one lunger, OHV Tecumseh 4 stroke and a T-20 can't be beat. I bet it really looks cool too with that green poly body. Can't wait to see some pictures of it!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Still debating what to do with the engine. The original 16 hp Tecumseh has seen its better days and I definately want to stay with a four stroke. I have read (here on this site) that the hondas do not have sufficient low end torque, however, I do not know if its true. I do have a 13 hp honda that would be willing to be a donor.

Does anyone know offhand what size of shaft the tecumseh has on the output. The honda has a 1" keyed shaft.

The Tecumseh also has a 1" keyed shaft.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread