Best model for recreation?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best model for recreation?

Best model for recreation?

I see the Attex AATVs appearing for sale fairly often but know very little about the different features of the various models that were made.
    Which one is the most favorable for recreation?
    Toyman's AATV Toys;

Max IV
    Project Muscateer (trans. rebuild)
    Previously owned AATVs; Terra Tiger, pair of MaxIIs and Attex 450 Tomahawk, Hustler

I love the Attex. It's the only machine I've ever owned.

Anyway, I'd try to stick to a T-20 machine. I have no experience with the BH transmissions so I can't speak about them other than to say the T-20 is more available for parts because so many machines had them and it's still being produced. If you want to go fast, get a 2-stroke machine with a JLO 400 or 440. If you want to go really fast, get a Super Chief with a Chaparral G50B. If you want to trail ride (slow, technical riding) get either a TT208 or a Tomahawk (4 stroke). You can also drop a 4-stroke into an old 2-stroke machine.

If you have a choice, try to get a machine with a HDPE body (1976 and after). They hold up to a good beating better than the ABS bodies do. Unfortunately, they are a bit harder to find. A real Super Chief, Tomahawk or Lil' Truck will have an HDPE body. All the others (pre-1976) are ABS.
    Banned

George seems right as usual

I bought my first Attex about 2 months ago. Its a Tomahawk 4-stroke and I must say its a great machine, but much slower than any quad. The one thing I will say is get a good cutting wheel and a good drill press. The only issues I have had so far are breaking a few axles. No big deal with a trip to your local metal supplier for some new 1" rolled steel rod. Outside of a few breaks which sometimes stops you from driving, sometimes doesn't (come on you got 5 other wheels as long as the chains not binding), the reliability of the 4-stroke is great.

Hope this helps.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

+ Reply to Thread