ATV manufacturing transmissions tag #

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ATV manufacturing transmissions tag #

ATV manufacturing transmissions tag #

AKA baker hills........

I would assume the numbers on the tags are in order starting with 1 being first produced. But I don't really know that for sure.

The 7000 series tags are on the transmission case.
    The 6000 series tags are on the transmission cradle.

Here are mine....
    225/hustler -0098
    st300d -0332
    208tt -0619
    st300d -1484

Just interesting.

6000,7000's

Larry, Just for fun, here are my #'s.

208TT Has small axles and floating type inner wheel cups with 7000 trans #0325. Has a rivet on id tag on upper side of trans. Has no outer bearing housings.

ST/300/D Has some alum, and some steel outer bearing housings with 6000 trans #0540. Rivet on tag on bottom rear plate.

ST/300/D Has all alum outer bearing housings with 7000 trans #1661, machine #2234 . Trans is stamped in top of housing.

Quote Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
    ST/300/D Has all alum outer bearing housings with 7000 trans #1661, machine #2234 . Trans is stamped in top of housing.
    When you say machine, are you talking about the Id plate on the machine itself. Do you think the machine and trans tags should match from factory, like the trans was swapped, or do you think they may have came from factory like that?

I thought of the possibility of them using different tag # for the different transmissions but the 6000 tags say add 80/90wt gear lube only which make me think the tags # are all the same even between tranny models. Im basically trying to see if the trans models represent the machine # to help id the year. If we can get production numbers per year.......

Again just toying around. Maybe we can come up with something, maybe not.

The machine # is on the dash label. It is the SN for the machine. Dunno if frame is stamped? Thinking the two should match if... The trannys proby in order and dont match machines?

+ Reply to Thread