attex axle bolts

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: attex axle bolts

attex axle bolts

I took the attex out and in about 5 hours of riding i have broke 5 -grade 8 axle bolts 4 inside and 1 out this 30 peak horsepower engine puts out 46 pounds of torque and it is super fast and broke my engine mount weld due to my part of not having a proper welder. Maybe i torqued the bolts to tight but i dont think so. I have 4140 axles will they handle grade 10 bolts any help would be apreciated i will try to post some 30 sec video of my outing ( any help on how to do this besides going threw you tube) keep them rolling guys

Hey Jeffery,

You need to make sure you have no threads inside the axle or the axle tube. Make sure the shank of the bolt is inside it all and there are special spacer washer with the curve machined into them. Im not sure where the best place is to purchase them would be. Also if you have any slope in the sprocket tubes you need to get ride of it. You want them really tight and I always double nut them. You want to get ride of any slop from the wheel to the sprocket. That slope just creates a shock load. Expeically when you in the water when accelerating and braking. I dont run that kind of horse power but I have crappy TSC bulk grade 3. on the inside. I have grade 8 on the hubs. Its easier to throw the bolt in the axle tube then to go find your wheel. Then take the wheel off the hub to put it back on. I dont mind breaking the axle tube bolt from time to time and would rather do that then snap chains or worse. I have had old chains I ran off old machines I purchase and ran them when I shouldnt and they break, wrap around sprocket, crack body.

Hope I helped!

axel bolts

thanks larry the info will be put to use/ longer bolts iss what i think i need for sure double nutted thanks again

+ Reply to Thread