208TT finished almost

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 208TT finished almost

Awesome work sparky!!! That has got to be the beefiest first generation frame out there. Is the inner rail boxed or did you add some flat stock on top of the angle iron? That shifter and exhaust is also pretty cool. Great work!
    Last edited by LarryW; 08-05-2009 at 08:12 PM.

Yea it was allot of work although now get to enjoy the rewards. Thanks racer for the issue about the plugs, I was sure that was how it needs to be just want to make sure. Originally I was going to patch (permanent) but will just use rubber grommets to seal while trolling.

AS to the frame rails, there were pretty well shot and after looking at replacing is was actually easier to fine C channel while was an added plus with regards to stiffing the unit. I did run into some issues with the trans mount, but nothing to difficult to remedy

Question? the metal corner pieces, other then giving a little strength to the rear, any other usage! do these need to be manufactured or does someone sell these

Sparky

Very nice work. You put a lot of time into that frame. I want to see some more pictures of the fuel tank though.

Quote Originally Posted by sparky96730 View Post
    Question? the metal corner pieces, other then giving a little strength to the rear, any other usage! do these need to be manufactured or does someone sell these

Sparky
    Those corners where all rusty on my 208tt. To the point that sticks and stuff was getting caught in the holes. So I took them off completely, dripped some abs goop in the rivet holes to seal them and drove that way for a long time without any problem. Until one day I was pulling a tree and backed up over the strap, not knowing it. I took off and the strap was wrapped around my axle and when it got tight it pulled the strap tight between the axle and the hitch. Forcing its way into the tub.
    If I had the protectors I wouldn't of had that big a problem although it still might of been bad. I was able to fix it pretty well though, maybe could of sanded it little more.

If your careful and make sure your strap dont get wrapped around axle. you probably wont really need them.

They aren't made anymore and best bet is to find some from someone else. Or make something up your self. Amphicats had something similar but it was plastic. I hope that answers your questions. About the corners

some additional pictures.

As the motor had no gas tank and the last one being engine mounted when making the mount the area below was determined to now hold the gas tank
    which we made out of aluminum, although the 1st version had the filler in the incorrect location and had to modify to fit
    Attached Images

Again, very nice work on that machine. I see that no detail was overlooked. That 16HP Vanguard must really make that machine move out very well. The 208TT upper body didn't have a hole drilled in the front hood of the machine because the tank was mounted right on the 8HP Briggs engine. I really like how you made the Vanguard exhaust fit through the original exhaust exit on the 208TT body. I have to admit, I'm a real sucker for those who restore vintage 6 wheelers that to their original condition with a clean modern power plant swap that looks like it was supposed to be that way from the factory. Nice work!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread