attex ST/400r

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: attex ST/400r

attex ST/400r

Hello i finaly got it going
    Can anyone help me not shure what size drive belt it should have on it the owner before me put a john deere belt on it but i don't know that the size is correct. you really need to reve it up for the belt to ingage any advice wolud be helpful.

Thanks
    Dannylee

belt size

questions is the engine original does it have the jlo400 has the clutch been changed on the tranny i beleive i have a original belt on my attex i have 2 st400

belt size

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/attex...iive-belt.html Larryw has a post on this page look for your year and model just make sure your stuff is original/ in doubt put a pic of the engine # stamped on right rear of frame good luck

The ST/400R likely won't have the serial number stamped where the later ST models do. The outer frame rails are quite a bit different, and they're not a channel style, unless it's been changed. Original equipment for an ST/400/R is a 400cc Canadian Curtis Wright, but anybody could have swapped anything in there. The stock belt length is a good place to start, but chances are, if it's been swapped, the distance between the drive/driven clutch centerlines will have changed. There still may be enough adjustment left in the slotted holes on the engine mount to compensate. Lots of variables... let's see that engine bay!

~m

+ Reply to Thread