Year model of my Attex?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Year model of my Attex?

Year model of my Attex?

I bought my first 6x6, I dont know much about it, all I know is it says attex in the front , and 252 colt on the side , and has a rockwee jlo engine in it , I got it dirt cheap all I had to do was clean the carp. and clean out the gast tank it fired right up, I got it in a trade all I got in it is $150 dollars, I'll post pics tomorrow , does anyone know what year it maybe? thanks for looking,

Welcome aboard and great find on that Attex. The Colt was the Attex that got many people into the hobby because of it's simplicity, many excellent features, and low price of just under $1,000. It is most likely an early 1970's model. If you look at the top of the outside frame rail about 6-8 inches from the rear of the machine you will see the serial number and year stamped on it. You might have to take a wire brush to remove some surface rust and grease. The first two larger numbers are the year. It will be something like "72 J10090" or some combination of letters and numbers. Anyways, you have yourself and excellent machine and I look forward to seeing pictures.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

thanks man,I look tomorrow,do you know what horse power my engine maybe? I sorry about all the ?s, but they say you wont learn if you dont ask /s

by the way mine looks just like the 1 in ur icon , but not as pretty , lol same body style

No problem at all, we're all here to help. This is the best 6 wheeler website on the net for that reason. The JLO 252 puts out 10HP. Here is the info from the original sales brochure:

http://www.6x6world.com/images/broch...-atv-specs.jpg

http://www.6x6world.com/images/broch...olt-atvs-4.jpg

You can find tons of vintage brochures for free on here too!

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/brand...brochures-ads/
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Wecome aboard

Glad to have you Hillbillyxxl.

You will enjoy this site and all the info that these guys can provide you with. As soon as you can postup some pics. We love pictures. You will not find a better group of guys and girls on the net. This site is great. Hope to see you on the site and maybe someday a ride.

Hey HillBilly,

I had two Attex Colts. They were both 1972 models. It was not all that fast but would go anywhere. I just got rid of both machines in the last year. Member "Lewis" has the body of one and member "6x6" got the other and an extra engine and frame.

You'll be very happy with your new toy.
    Banned

JLO 252

I remember Richard from route 6x6 telling me he thought the JLO 252 was the best one. He expressed interest in buying the one I have.

+ Reply to Thread