Newbie with a new project

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Newbie with a new project

Smile Newbie with a new project

Hey guys (and ladies),
    Just bought a 208/TT attex listed locally here in NC.
    Im new to this but have always wanted to "get my feet wet" (or not!).
    I hope hope to restore her to all her 1970 glory in time.
    Overall its not bad for a 39 year old machine. Appears to me mostly original.
    10 HP Briggs & Straton runs great, electric start, lights, chains, belts, bushings, internal framework all seem in very good condition (apparently garage kept)
    Now the negatives, of course the worse is the couple cuts through the underbelly which from reading your forums (and I admire all your professionalism and knowledge) I understand can be somewhat of a pain to remedy.
    The original tires need to be upgraded (though actually they all still hold air but 1)
    Cosmetically the seat needs new upholstering and an overall paintjob.
    I look forward to learning from all of you to bring my lady back to life and in the process help in any way I can despite my lack of knowledge.
    I'll post some pics tomorrow.
    Thanks!

Welcome to the site and congratulations on your purchase. Where in NC are you located? There are several of us here. We are having a ride at Busco Beach in Goldsboro, NC this October and would love to have you join us. Check the trail ride forum for more info.

Thanks for the welcome! Im in Albemarle NC.
    Here's a few pic's of a homeless I picked up. Sorry about the pic size dont mean to be a space hog.

Last edited by Restlessrebel; 08-19-2009 at 03:13 PM.

welcome to the site! your not too far a drive from several of us "Carolina Boys" (i'm about an hour and a half in Statesville). that's a really nice 1st generation machine. fixing the holes in the bottom of an ABS tub isn't that big a deal. i have several places to fix in a wild wolf tonight. Member Lewis is fairly close to you and probably has some donor abs you could use for a repair. the process is pretty simple. you can make ABS goo by cutting up a bunch of abs into really small peices and disolving it in acetone. then V out a crack and use the "goo" like bondo to repair the area. one drawback is that it takes a few weeks to fully cure. throw out any questions you can't figure out using the search feature on the site and someone on here will steer you in the right direction. enjoy your new toy!
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

cool and welcom nice attex . i'm robbie and we are in eden . hope you get to ride with us soon robbie, alley , hunter .
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

Restlessrebel ,

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for posting these great pics.

On a mission

Thanks for the welcome ya'll and Racerone3 thanks for the hole remedy.
    I'll be having plenty of time to let it dry when I pull the frame for repairs and painting not to mention whatever else I get into when I get in there.
    Everyone's help is greatly appreciated, maybe before its all over I'll have the knowledge to give a little helping advice too
    Couple questions though: the small abs pieces.......how small?, quarter, nickle, dime?
    And I'm sure this is a stupid question but what is meant by "V" the tear in the hull?
    Thanks again to all Ya'll
    Hope to see ya on the trails sometime!
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Restlessrebel View Post
    what is meant by "V" the tear in the hull?
    Instead of just trying to put plastic directly into the crack, create a groove where the crack is. Basically, make the crack into a groove that is shaped like a "V". That way you can get plastic all the way to the bottom of the crack instead of just covering the crack up.

Thanks for the info but will this work with a tear? its more of a tear than a crack.
    Maybe a 1/4 inch gap by 4 inches or so long.
    Thanks agin Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Restlessrebel View Post
    Thanks for the info but will this work with a tear? its more of a tear than a crack.
    Maybe a 1/4 inch gap by 4 inches or so long.
    Thanks agin Mike.
    sorry for being vague... for a hole, i cover one side of the hole with aluminum tape, then fill the hole from the other side. once it has dried for a few days, peel the tape and apply some more "goo" on the side that started with the tape.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

+ Reply to Thread