Attex chief 400 HELP!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attex chief 400 HELP!

Attex chief 400 HELP!

i just bought an attex chief 400 today and all i know about it is its a 1973 which i got from the frame rail that i found from reading posts on this site. i would appreciate it if anyone can help me out with finding a wiring diagram....? thank you

Nate

The 400 Chief is a very nice Attex model. They really move too! Here are some wiring diagrams. Welcome to the site.

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/gener...o-engines.html
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

thanks for the wiring diagrams, i just uploaded some pictures of my new attex. if you want to check them out they're under Attex Chief 400 Project, but i have another question which is where should i look on my engine to locate its model number?

The model and serial numbers are just below the coils on the engine block.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

thanks, i'll probably be back for more advice tomarrow lol

Having More Problems

i'm trying to get the axles out of my attex so i can pull the inside frame out and repair the hull but im having a heck of a time getting the axles out. so far i only have one axle out and it pulled right out slick as pie after i removed the two set screws and the nut and bolt on the inside. the other five are givine me a hell of a time. am i missing something or are they just being that stuborn?

Nate

stuck axles

how i did mine first spray the he?? out of them with pb blaster seems like everybody is bragging about (kroil)have not used it yet. Unscrew both locking collars making sure they will turn on the axle with out the axle turning. If not put some vise grips on them untill they spin freely. I made a homemade puller with a dumbell bar and a fifty pound weight 20 pounds was not adequate for mine i had to secure the opposite side of the machine to a tree.MAKE sure when putting back together to use antiseize. i will let you know how my next 2 axle removals projects work GOOD LUCK AND welcome to 6x6 world

well i got my axles out last week, only two of them would free up so i ended up having to cut 4 of them out and now i have a guy making me 6 all new axles with a 4 bolt hub on the end instead of the factory 3 bolt that way i can convert to 8"x8" rims. next step is getting the body welded up so i can start on my skid plate and rhino lining. thanks for the advice so far guys.

Nate

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by nate52 View Post
    well i got my axles out last week, only two of them would free up so i ended up having to cut 4 of them out and now i have a guy making me 6 all new axles with a 4 bolt hub on the end instead of the factory 3 bolt that way i can convert to 8"x8" rims. next step is getting the body welded up so i can start on my skid plate and rhino lining. thanks for the advice so far guys.

Nate

Hey Nate,
    Glad to hear that!!! Thanks for update. Im looking forward to the build.

+ Reply to Thread