belt size

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: belt size

belt size

hey guys,does anyone know how wide the belt should be on a attex 208tt 1970.it didnt come with a belt so i tried a snowmobile belt,which is 1-1/8 wide and it sticks up from the secondary clutch too much,thank you.

Hello,
    I do know its 15/16" wide. I'm not sure what your circumferance is but mine is 43" but my mounts has been altered to fit the powermax engine. But I believe I used the same belt? Im not 100%. If you can measure the center to center on your crank and trans. best you can I can also and see. Maybe you can measure your engine crank to top of driven pulley. That might be easiest. Let me know what you do and I will do the same and compare. I just figured out the gates part number for my belt. 1" by 43.3" closest I can get. Its 1626V428
    Last edited by LarryW; 02-28-2010 at 03:42 PM.

belt

hi larry,a 43 inch belt works on mine as well,ive heard a 1" and ive heard7/8" for diffrent models,i will get one of each and see how they fit in the secondary,thank you for the help,john.

Quote Originally Posted by tractorguy View Post
    hi larry,a 43 inch belt works on mine as well,ive heard a 1" and ive heard7/8" for diffrent models,i will get one of each and see how they fit in the secondary,thank you for the help,john.

I have a 7/8" belt and it fits low in my 208tt 6000 series and the 7000 series from st300d and my other unknow model 7000 I got from Don. I feeling pretty safe saying all are 1".

Well I just order 1626v428. Will post results. asap

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    Well I just order 1626v428. Will post results. asap
    Well gates 6040 interchange is still a mystery. The 1626v428 belt is tad wide. But works otherwise. I shimmed my driven to get it it to work. The belt is 1" by 43" by the book.

The break down of the sizing (1626v428) is the "16"=16/16ths or 1". The 26 = degree. The "v" means v belt. the 428=42.8" diameter. They must of rounded it to 43"

I remember Jpswift saying somewhere he though bakerhills used a 15/16" belt. That has to be the correct width.

I think comet uses 30 degree belts. 26 degrees looks eyeballed ok to me.

The diameter has been narrowed down to 43-43.5". My application is custom and I have adjustment so I cant really say for sure what the stock one is.

Going by above if there is a such thing 15(26-30)v(430-435) would be the ticket.

I have had numerous emails with gate people and nobody there can answer my questions.

+ Reply to Thread