what motors will fit easy in attex

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: what motors will fit easy in attex

what motors will fit easy in attex

ok So i am going the rute of getting a new motor but not sure as to what motor I want. I am not looking to race but also not looking to be a turtle my attex is a first gen body one. Also I am looking for a used one for now just to get her moving around

Are you looking for a 2 or 4 stroke?

actually either or which ever i can come across first. I am sure the 2 stroke will be cheaper. I am not concerned about elec start either just a simple running motor I will not be powering headlamps or anything

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoH2 View Post
    actually either or which ever i can come across first. I am sure the 2 stroke will be cheaper. I am not concerned about elec start either just a simple running motor I will not be powering headlamps or anything
    If you can make a simple engine mount I put a 8hp tecumseh in one pretty easy. Cheap and surprisingly still has power to climb hills and such. Briggs would also work fine. I know you said it dont matter but if your lucky you can find them with electric start and lighting/charging coil.

ok something like this?

10hp tecumseh horizontal

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoH2 View Post
    ok something like this?

10hp tecumseh horizontal
    The problem with that is the crankshaft. You will need to get one that can support a clutch. You will most likely need to get a clutch. There are some gokart site you can purchase them or ebay. A cheap clutch that will work is the comet 40 series but there are better clutches too.

dam this engine crap is harder then I thought I think i need to find someone with a cheap running jlo but they seem harder to find then I thought.

so if I could find a go kart or snowmobile with good motor that would be best right? what would be a good snowmobile motor there are alot of old sleds around here.

Rotax 250e in my attex?

just got an email for a complete sled with running Rotax 250e i have pics too of it has anyone made this swap and how hard besides motor mounts. it has the clutch on opposite side and rotates counter clockwise when looking at it

anyone ever use a motor from harbor freight? I was looking at this one

- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

+ Reply to Thread