JLO 295 engine problems

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: JLO 295 engine problems

JLO 295 engine problems

My jlo 295 has plenty of spark, plenty of compression and it does not even pop at all when I spray starter fluid into the cylinder, or put a little bit of gas in it.

Quote Originally Posted by attex man View Post
    My jlo 295 has plenty of spark, plenty of compression and it does not even pop at all when I spray starter fluid into the cylinder, or put a little bit of gas in it.
    Could the ignition timing be off? If you have fuel, fire, and compression. The only thing I can think of is timing. Have you had this running before or just trying to get it running?

I am just trying to get it running. isnt the timing the magneto on the flywheel i dont think there is any adjustment, But i could be wrong.

Check to see if the flywheel key is sheared causing the magneto to send spark at the wrong time.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerFistArgo View Post
    Check to see if the flywheel key is sheared causing the magneto to send spark at the wrong time.
    Yea that is what I was kinda thinking. Another thing maybe plugged exhaust. mice, mud wasps.......... But it probably would have ran for a sec. Might be a thing to double check though. Maybe see if there is a suction at carb or pressure at exhaust. Im just throwing thing out there really.

Smile jlo

bad sparkplug?,, even new ones are messed up sometimes....

the spark plug is fine it is getting great spark. There is a good ammount of suction and a good ammount of presssure at the exhaust. I heard that you need 130 lbs of compression to run this engine. Is that true?
    Last edited by attex man; 09-29-2009 at 08:45 PM.

Attex vacuum Fuel pump

thanks
    Last edited by attex man; 09-30-2009 at 08:19 AM.

Remove the exhaust pipe and give it a rip. The exhaust may be plugged Then check the jet in the carb. Ran into this same problem recently. Do the exhaust first, then check the jet in carb.

Don may have a few more suggestions.

Hope this helps.

i'm going with sheared flywheel key on this one. if the flwyheel has turned on the crankshaft it will open the points and thus spark at the wrong time. you'll have plenty of spark, but it might not happen while there is air/ fuel in the combustion chamber.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

+ Reply to Thread