JLO 295 engine problems

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: JLO 295 engine problems

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    i'm going with sheared flywheel key on this one. if the flwyheel has turned on the crankshaft it will open the points and thus spark at the wrong time. you'll have plenty of spark, but it might not happen while there is air/ fuel in the combustion chamber.
    I agree, the plugged exhaust/jets/... would at least run a little off starting fluid with properly timed spark and compression. You dont even have to have a carb for it to run off starting fluid. And the muffler being plugged would run untile it build to much pressure.

You could try to see if you can see a spark while looking down plug hole and seeing if its at/near tdc at spark but you probably will have to pull the flywheel off to make sure the key is ok.

Is it true that they need 130 psi to even run?

Im not an expert on these 2 stokes but think it would at least run. It may be low but I could be wrong. I dont think its to low though.

I bought a compression tester and its only at 80 psi I think it needs new rings.

Quote Originally Posted by attex man View Post
    I bought a compression tester and its only at 80 psi I think it needs new rings.
    At least. 80 is low; it will run at 100psi, but not very strong.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Smile jlo

rings might be stuck? lack of lubrication.. put a few drops or so of oil in it,,, then try comprssion check

80 is low but I would expect it to still pop with starting fluid. I agree with others that you should check the timing.

+ Reply to Thread