progress update on the 400 chief

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: progress update on the 400 chief

progress update on the 400 chief

just picked my attex body up today from the plastic welder in my area where i had him weld the large crack i had in my lower tub and also weld a piece of abs into the hole i had in my lower tub as well from where my exhaust use to exit at. and then he put an abs patch over the welded area to strengthen it. very pleased with his work and can't wait to start preping for paint and rino lining. check out some of my photos by going to my profile or by searching "latest progress on the 400 chief" since i havn't figured out how to add an attachment or hyperlink into a post or thread yet.

Nate

p.s. i'll have more pics up tomarrow of the progress i've made since i've boughten the machine.

plastic welder

i welded mine to /i plastic dip the inside did not hold/ i read articles i think about bed liners are fire hazards. Sounds like your project is coming together. GOOD luck pics never hurt we like to watch the progress

Looking good Nate!!!

Here is a link.

latest progress on the 400 chief

just added some more pics this morning of the welds on the body and also some pics of my newly painted frame. thanks larry for settin up that link for me, maybe one of these days i'll figure out how to do it myself lol.

Nate

update on my progress

just thought i'd update everyone on my attex restoration and as of right know the upper body is ready for paint, the lower body is waiting for me to pickup the material for the skid plate, i just picked up 2 rims and have 4 more on order, also just picked up the new axels i had fabricated for it last week, and i just got my new bearings for the axels today. almost to the stage of reassembly

Nate

Wow, sounds like she will be better then new when done!!!

Thumbs down

Looking good there Nate! What engine will you be running?

well it came with the jlo 399 but i dk if im gunna run this or not, i like the speed im gunna get from it but i think its gunna be too loud for huntin and not work well for trail riding, from what i've read in other threads. i'd like to swap it out for a 4 stroke because i also know more at the 4 strokes, but we'll see. never know i might end up liking the jlo and sticking with it.

Nate

progress update

thought i'd put up another update on my attex, since it's been quite awhile since my last update. i know you all can't wait for me to get her done lol i can't imagine you guys being as anxious to see the final result as i am though as of right now i have the body completely painted, all of it rewired, frame set in the hull, and all of the new parts for it except for the throttle cable. (new axles, bearings, bearing flanges, ignition switch, wiring, tires, rims, 1/4" skid plate, rubber flange seals, hull plugs, lights, and paint job.) everything is cleaned up such as the chains and sprockets which i am re-using, and the frame is completely striped and has new paint and the new tires are mounted on the new rims. it's at the point of re-assembly and hopefully i should have the axles back in the frame and up on the new tires after this weekend. i've updated my progress album with photos today which were taken between my last update and today. maybe i'll have it done before this summer haha

http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/g701...0%20chief.html

Nate

Wow, sounds like it will be "new" when done. Nice job!!

+ Reply to Thread