Aquatorque in dirt/mud/hardpack?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aquatorque in dirt/mud/hardpack?

Aquatorque in dirt/mud/hardpack?

Hi Guys,

Ive had my 05 avenger in 25x13-9 vampire TSL on a set of mudox rims for about 11 years now. Love the tires but I had a flat the other day and when I tried to take the tire off the rim, the tire ripped as I think the tire is just getting old and weak. I had to tube them a few years ago as Matt used them as test tires (I think they were spin quite a bit on the rims).

IN any case, I am looking at the interco aqua torque tire as a replacement. But id like to know how some have found the tire perform in dirt and hardpack (grass, hills, etc).

Like I said, I love the TSL and will likely go with another set, but thought Id ask about the aqua torques.

Derek

PS. I don't ever swim with my machine. Its for mountain hunting only. Seepics:
    Attached Images

Since it's a hunting rig those mud tires even though they have been good to you aren't what works for upland . Tons of traction in mud , mud tires are over rated and over sold for the wrong purpose . They actually work better in the reverse direction and climb instead of dig and of course you loose some traction but amphibious machines can't really work them anyway . I would think the aquas reversed will climb better , swim better , and the only down fall would be more consistent traction . Just speculating

I run my vampire TSL's in reverse for that reason. I actually really like the vampires for regular terrain. Certainly much better than the rawhides.

I'll likely just go with the TSLs again. Thanks for the input.

D

+ Reply to Thread