No/intermittent electricity to Avenger 750 EFI fuel pump

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No/intermittent electricity to Avenger 750 EFI fuel pump

No/intermittent electricity to Avenger 750 EFI fuel pump

Hoping someone can give insight into my Argo Avenger 750 EFI problem. For the last month I have had issues with it starting, running, then suddenly dying or not starting at all as if there is no gas to the engine. Replaced fuel, fuel filter, fuel pump, and checked gas tank pickup thinking it was a plumbing issue and it did run a couple of hunting trips then died as before. Tested new fuel pump with electricity directly from battery to pump contacts and it pumps great. Checked relay coming from the ECU and it seems to work ok (tried a replacement just in case). Checked fuses. Sometimes with key on the fuel pump cycles and sometimes it doesn’t. Could it be the ECU or relay pigtail wiring not allowing fuel pump to get juice? Running out of things to check. A buddy mentioned bypassing this system by wiring directly from ignition to pump so when key is on it pumps- not sure if that’s ok. Thanks for any help.

bypassing the ecu by wiring to the ignition would be a good temporary test for diagnostic purposes. the main reason the fuel pump is ecu controlled is for your safety. if the ecu does not see the engine running it will shut off fuel flow, in case of rollover, collision, etc.

I don't know if your problem is related to what I found with my new Avenger. I had bad contacts and light gauge wiring. I replaced the fuse boxes and most of the wiring. I used much heavier wiring than was required. Everything works perfectly now.

Thanks for the responses. I will look into your suggestions as soon as work allows and try to post back.

I had the same issue on my 750 Efi, it was the fuse not connecting in the fuse block.

Sounds like it is getting hot and the ecu is shutting it down. Does it restart after a cool down? When it happens have you been running at full throttle for 20 or 30 minutes? Does it sputter and cough before it shuts down? This has stumped me before when I was running smooth trails in Yukon and it just quits. Changed out pump and filter and 20 minutes later it happened again. Took a couple cycles to figure it out. The gauge cluster is worthless. Sometimes it resets and if you don't carry the calibration instructions with you it is impossible to re-calibrate in the field.When I suspected and overheat I had no temperature reading on my gauge cluster. It somehow changed to an air cooled model. Most of us don't travel long distances on back roads at cruising speed so this type of overheat does not happen.

Sounds like my current problem.Did you work out what was happening?

Bad ground?

I have Argo Avenger problems, too … but not the same … which I have to try to remedy tomorrow. Just wondering, though, if, in your case, you checked the fault codes stored in the ECU?
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6d...rNCKaT3_5Xrwfw

Did you find the gremlin causing the problem
    Last edited by BF6X6; 01-13-2022 at 12:14 PM.

+ Reply to Thread