places to ride in Mo

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: places to ride in Mo

places to ride in Mo

In a post last week the subject of closed state parks and other places to ride...St. Joe state park, Park Hills , Mo. was said to be closed...Shocked as I was to hear this, I had'nt been there for several years but when I was there it was awesome. there were bikes, quads, dune buggy's, four wheel drives, old men, teen-agers, camp grounds, parking areas..... Man you name it it was there!! I was deeply saddened....ATTN: TODAY!! Found this not 5 minutes ago > http://www.stjoepark.com/< still open...and guess what? > chadwickridingarea.com < THey have a new place open....and me in the middle of a rebuild....so you guy's up that way get a chance..check it out for us, and get a post to the forum....let us all know.....

the park itself was never closed , we just think its closed to 6x6's ??? anybody know?

I haven't been there in a year, but they wont stop 6x6s from going. Ive rode there 2or3 times a year,for the last 10 years.Its a place 50 miles from my driveway,that my kid liked riding at and i could get some time on machine.That place let everything in as long as you follow the rules. Rick

I'm going to look into TrailPass when I go to Lake George in a few weeks. I guess it's a network of private landowners who have agreed to let ATVers use their land to ride on. It looks as though it's mostly East Coast though.

You buy the pass and you get to use the trails either for free or at a discounted price. The ATV needs to be insured and registered and all the other rules are pretty much just using common sense.

I have plenty of room to ride at my place but it's always fun to find new places.
    Banned

been several years since I was there. Never saw anything like it in missouri. By that I mean state sponsored. It is about 50 - 60 miles or so from me too. Looks like a weekend camp trip coming this summer for me and the boy. Think it would be the only place that I could start him on the sticks. MOMO, drop me a PM with some contact info, see how close to me you are...

This St. Joe is sounding pretty good. I have a really good buddy that lives close and rides a bike there from time to time. He doesn't have a 6x6....yet.

I've ridden a bike at Chadwick quit a bit. I would say that it is some of the best serious dirtbiking I've ever experienced in Missouri. Rocks rocks and more rocks. I'm not sure how well it would lend itself to AATVing. No real water that I can think of other than a few very small creeks and pretty much never any mud. It is one pretty place to ride though. I can remember some trails that woud be very nice to 6 wheel down but quite a few places get nearly trials bike like with big rocks. I know the super fast bike guys would give us bad looks but that's never bothered me before.

St. Joe does sound cool.

some other places

Had a fun ride @ flatnasty Off Road Park(Welcome to Flatnasty) It is owned by ex pro rock crowler guy. It south of Salem,MO.And SMORR southern mo off road ranch, its in Seymour,MO its east of Sringfield MO I've not been there but hope to sometime.(SMORR, Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch - Home). Another one not been to but talked to Roger S about going sometime ,looks good on web site.Its Bricks Off Road Park in Poplar Bluff,MO(bricks4x4farm.com).Rockport off road closed and open new place called Hannibal Rocks Off Road ive not been there and site looked cool but i dont think site up now Herd of a place called CJ's offroad park in Eminence,MO./ And small place called Wade road offroad riding area in Jefferson City,MO has a site. I think id like to see Superlift ORV Park.in Hot Springs,Arkansas(Superlift Off-Road Vehicle Park at Hot Springs, Arkansas*ยท*www.orvpark.com) I went to Little Egypt Off Road(www.leormc.org)once i liked it.Geat place for 6x6s little like Deepwater in a way.Its east of Carbondale,IL. Sure theres more ,popping up and closing down.If you know of others share them with us. Rick (momo)

Quote Originally Posted by kestianj View Post
    the park itself was never closed , we just think its closed to 6x6's ??? anybody know?
    Current Chadwick & Deepwater ORV's Rules: No UTV's and only ATV's and Bikes less than 50" in width., = no amphibs!

Just emailed them at SMORR, awaiting a reply.
    Last edited by Storms; 02-05-2009 at 10:13 PM.

I think Seymour might be what we want. A little East and south of Springfield. Sort of centrally located for the old Deepwater group. At their site, they have a google map link, you can zoom in and do a satelite, and a terrain view. A peice of the Ozarks, hills and streams.

Thumbs down SMORR

Got the email back from SMORR. So far they have said, yeah, come on down!!! I gave them the link to ODG's Recreational area.
    They require helmets, roll bar or not!

Now I gotta start savin up some travel money!!!

Keep on ridin!!!
    Storms
    Last edited by Storms; 02-06-2009 at 04:02 PM.

+ Reply to Thread