Cushman Haulster / Truckster Anyone know about them??

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cushman Haulster / Truckster Anyone know about them??

Cushman Haulster / Truckster Anyone know about them??

I just picked up 2 identical 1986 model Cushman mini trucks at auction. I believe they were called Cushman Haulsters or Trucksters... I know they are not AATV's but their powertrains sure seemed like they would make great transplants. even considering one for my PPT...

talk about ultimate utility vehicles these have 3 speed trannys plus reverse, 2 cylinder (OMC) horizontally opposed engines, High low 2 speed rear axles, actual rear PTO, factory 110AC converter, dump bed and an auxiliary hydraulic pump.... From what I gather they are capable of pretty good ground speeds (50mph) I will go pick them up this morning, no idea what they need to get running but both came from a government municipal surplus auction so prob govt owned since new..

If anyone has more info on these, let me know. Here are a few pictures of them

Also I ll be selling one of them if anyone is interested in on for a transplant or???

Well I got them home and cleaned up a bit... The engine is actually a 22hp engine. being that it is long. narrow and relatively flat, it would be a good candidate for my PPT with a custom designed hood. (think 2 cylinder version of an old VW engine). I know that the old Thikol snowcats used stick shift transmissions with an open rear differential and brake activated steering. Considering swapping the trans and rear end over to the PPT also or looking for the parts to go with a hydraulic drive... If i could adapt the rear axle I would get the benefit of the 2 speed rear end and existing brakes. then I could just plumb each side off a seperate line for steering and using the original variable drive clutches from the engine and tranny on the PPT now.... I think the hydraulic setup would work best though. need to find an old zero turn mower or similar vehicle for the Hydraulic parts donations Or find me an old AATV tub and just custom build using the whole powertrain from the cushman

cushman fans

I am looking for a cushman Haulster/Truckster for parts for a rebuild I am doing. I would buy one that is in good shape if found. The ones in these pictures from 2010 from Soutthpaw are exactly what I have. Need an engine mainly. I do have most of the other replacement parts. If Soutthpaw is still around I would be interested in one of those units if you are willing to sell. I believe this is a 1986 unit with a 22HP engine and does have the dump bed and PTO drive. Thank You.

I know one person who had one years ago. He had a farm where he grew Christmas trees. The vehicle was pretty much bullet proof and would have lasted him many years, until one day a windstorm uprooted a 60' pine tree and dropped it on top of the machine and crushed it.

He replaced it with a Dhaihatsu mini truck, but I know he preferred the Truckster.

Would really like to find one with a good engine. I have a horse boarding facility and have used mine for over 10 years non stop with lots of kids and bad bad emplyees useing it and abusing it for years. I would not take for it.it was used on a golf course before I had it. It is tired and needs a overhaul.

+ Reply to Thread