Yesterday I thought I was $1,000,000 richer than I do toady.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yesterday I thought I was $1,000,000 richer than I do toady.

Yesterday I thought I was $1,000,000 richer than I do toady.

Ever have one of those days?

I came up with a perfect invention. It was sooo simple and so awesome. I've never seen it in the stores and during my search online I couldn't find anything that really matched what I was thinking.. so.. bingo - patent it. And this wasn't one of my crazy ideas either, this actually had some practical use. So, talked to a lawyer, he loved the idea... etc. So, I scrambled to make a prototype - completed it in a night, woke up my wife at 11:30pm and threw my contraption on the bed and rambled on about it for quite some time.

Today, my wife did some internet patent searching. And sadly, at about 10am this morning, I lost all my virtual money. There, in an email sent from my wife, was a link to an american patent that resembled (almost picture perfectly) my prototype, filed 6 years ago.

A little bit of hope though.. I didn't see one filed for Canada (which is unfortunately 1/10 of Americas population).

There's got to be some similar stories like that out there.. lets see what you got!

ah man, thats a bummer! Did it relate to work or 6x6's? or?

So I can find a us patent and put a patent on it in Canada?

It had something to do with a baby product (not work.. or 6x6 :P). (I'd explain, but need to make sure my doors are totally closed before I open up my failure to the public :P)

Patents only cover the country you have the patent in. I think you can do a blanket patent for most 1st world countries, but it's a pending thing and you'd need to get approval for each country in the end anyways. So, yeah, if you find a patent in the states but not in canada, you can basically cut and paste, apply and secure the canadian market. Most people who file in Canada will file in the States in the same time frame (not sure about vise-versa).

Hope you get it frazer! got my fingers crossed buddy!
    I have officially caught the 6-wheel-sickness!!

"If your gonna be dumb, you better be Tough!"

"I have done so much, with so little, for so long, that I'm now capable of doing practically anything with virtually nothing...."

BUY AMERICAN..or...BYE AMERICA!!!

+ Reply to Thread