Exciting times in the ATV world

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Exciting times in the ATV world

Exciting times in the ATV world

Wow, what a year! I didn't think the world of all-terrain vehicles could get much better but Polaris has raised the bar with their 2015 line-up. I don't remember ever seeing so many updates, improvements, and new vehicles roll out in a single unveiling of a model year. Last year they dominated the market with the all-new Rzr 1000. Hard to believe they have already added more horsepower (110 !!!), improved performance, and added two special additions: the Highlifter Rzr and the Desert Rzr. Video of the Highlifter Rzr is below and it is insane. I can't believe a manufacturer has outfitted a production machine like this!

The Ranger line-up also has many updates. Ranger 570 midsize and crew, Ranger 570 full size, Ranger 900 and crew, and Ranger Diesel. All have their newest chassis and integrated cab system.

The Sportman ACE, also new in 2014, has again been upgraded with the 570 engine and new colors.

The Sportman quad now has the 1000cc engine with an insane 88hp. All models are now fuel injected and use Polaris' ProStar dual over head cam engines. Even better than that is the prices are the same or even lower than last year's models.

As if that wasn't enough, Polaris has entered a whole new market segment with their 3-wheel motorcycle, the SlingShot. I am not really into motorcycles but this machine is probably the coolest, most unique new on-road vehicle I have seen in a long time. And it starts at just $20,000.

Highlifter Rzr:

Rzr 900 S:

SlingShot:
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

Have they done anything to increase the quality of the machine for 2015? On the forums I see constant complaints about the suspensions. The rear piviot bushings won't even last one race for the guys that race them. Matt O. Said his suspension was all loose and worn out after just a couple trail rides. Another friend is on his third motor under warranty and engines are hard to come by as they are sort of an updated generator engine I am told. I do not own one but the reading I did found many owners with issues.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

I think the're like the old 6X6'S, run a while and work on them alot. People buy them for the name, like a JD. You couldn't give me a Polaris. Brother has his apart again for suspsion wear And CV shafts.

I really like the Sling Shot. Its a very exciting machine.

The 570cc engines from the Sportsman line-up and Rangers is really exciting as well, 42 hp from an efi 1 cylinder multi-valve motor, is really what our amphibious atvs should have from the factory. I really wish the manufacturers would learn this lesson.

In terms of the Sling Shot, I guess its time to start saving my lunch money.

Polaris haven't got a very good name over here, poor quality, unreliable and very expensive to fix.

And they're a bit behind the times, about 80 years to be precise.

You know when I see their ATVs at various parks I see pretty good machines. Yes, they have been behind the 8 ball a few times, I once had a 1993 250 4 wheeler that was such a dog that I got the dealer to buy it back from me under the Lemon Law.

The new machines with Independent suspensions, EFI, powerful engines, run pretty well, and handle very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Woods View Post
    I really like the Sling Shot. Its a very exciting machine.

The 570cc engines from the Sportsman line-up and Rangers is really exciting as well, 42 hp from an efi 1 cylinder multi-valve motor, is really what our amphibious atvs should have from the factory. I really wish the manufacturers would learn this lesson.

In terms of the Sling Shot, I guess its time to start saving my lunch money.
    Yes the 570 is a very nice ATV engine. Small and light weight with big power and acceleration. Amphibs could certainly use more get up and go. I ride my 2004 Polaris Sportsman 500 regularly and the power and acceleration from that "little" 499cc single cylinder carburated engine is amazing. Keep in mind this is a 10 year old "outdated" model with an engine first produced about 18 years ago. You can be cruising down a trail at 15mph, punch the throttle and it just lights up the back tires and roosts dirt all the way up to 60mph. And the ride is smooth no matter how rough the terrain is.

Technology is moving so fast now days. The entire ATV world is different from what it used to be. I still remember in the 90's when Polaris was first rolling out some quads. The big names that dominated the market were of course Honda, Yamaha, and Kawasaki. The Polaris Sportsman 500 came out in the late 90's and with a few features like independent rear suspension, auto trans, and a high output engine they were leaving the other brands in the dust. Today the market is the complete opposite of what it was in the 90's. Polaris dominates the entire ATV market while the big names from the 90's rarely have anything new and nothing exciting. Only Can Am is bringing some competition to the high-end recreational ATV market and offers a nice performance side by side. I think the only reason Honda still sells any quads is just because of the quality people remember in the 80s and early 90s. They certainly don't buy a Honda for performance. Polaris quality has been great for the past several years, much different from when they first started. Maintenance is minimal and break downs are rare even considering their performance is much higher than other brands so they are run harder and abused more. I don't know any other ATV out there that takes as many thrashings as a Rzr, just check YouTube.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

my good friends 11 sportsman 800 or 850 whatever there biggest one was then has been nothing but problems. mainly the shifter setup and cv shafts (at least 3). winch quit at least 1 time.

The Slingshot looks almost like a copy of the BAC Mono, minus a wheel.

+ Reply to Thread