Out of her brace for a while..

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Out of her brace for a while..

Out of her brace for a while..

I know some of you guys might be aware but most are not. My youngest daughter, who is 12, was diagnosed with Scoliosis two and a half years ago with a 25 degree curve. We got her pediatrician to refer us to the local Shriner's Children's Hospital. Shriner's put her in a nighttime brace. She has been wearing braces for 2 years now. Friday they removed her brace for the next two months. Her curve has decreased down to 13 degrees. We are now in a wait and watch mode. We are hoping that her curve stabilizes. Otherwise she may have to return to wearing a brace until she is 19.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan67 View Post
    I know some of you guys might be aware but most are not. My youngest daughter, who is 12, was diagnosed with Scoliosis two and a half years ago with a 25 degree curve. We got her pediatrician to refer us to the local Shriner's Children's Hospital. Shriner's put her in a nighttime brace. She has been wearing braces for 2 years now. Friday they removed her brace for the next two months. Her curve has decreased down to 13 degrees. We are now in a wait and watch mode. We are hoping that her curve stabilizes. Otherwise she may have to return to wearing a brace until she is 19.
    We have never met but I will keep you and your daughter in my thoughts and prayers. The Shriners are amazing and they were always fathers favorite charity.

Hope all goes well, wish the best for your family... Hopefully see you soon

god bless her and your family

Last edited by Model Citizen; 07-12-2016 at 06:36 PM.

Dan did not know this, praying everything go's as planned, a blessed day to you and your family

yes dan, i will put her on our church prayer list. she'll be good to go ! see ya soon. will bring your t 20 to busco if don can't make it. john boy va.

Praying for your family.
    New guy here with a 1994 Max.. still learning the ropes

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Hope everything goes well, will be praying. One of the triplets saw the shriners when he was 4, they told us the problem he had would correct itself over time. They were right we saw them one more time for a follow up, but every year since then we get an invitation to their local Christmas party. He always declines, telling them to give his gift to someone who needs it. Great people!
    DESTRUCTION is just a couple of vowels down the street from DISTRACTION

Dan, that is a good improvement. Hope it stabilizes and stays put. Shriner's is a good organization. Hope we see ya'll at Busco.

+ Reply to Thread