Honda atv?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Honda atv?

Honda atv?

Sorry about posting this in a amphibious website mike but I don't know who else to ask. ok,so my dads 2005 Honda foreman rubicon had some starting issues. I took the starter off and found that the brushes were bad( there was always a clicking noise) bought new brushes and new solenoid and put them both on. Now I press the ignition and there is like a sputtering sound and the solenoid sparks sometimes and the digital display shuts off and comes on again. So my question is what am I doing wrong. Oh yea the ground wire I'm using from the - battery to the engine ground never worked on my Argo either so can that be a possibility. Also the quad starts fine with pull cord.

Try putting a temporary jumper cable from negative battery to starter housing and see what it does. Same on positive to starter power post just to bypass a possible bad cable.
    Battery is real good?
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

Yes battery is good and new!

I bet the starter is seized.

Those yrs, 2001 to 06 all had starter problems. it may be the ground but more than likely the commutator has a short in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubs View Post
    Those yrs, 2001 to 06 all had starter problems. it may be the ground but more than likely the commutator has a short in it.

or this

The starter is not seized. Before I had the new brushes in it would just turn but not on the motor, but with new brushes it just sparks, even grounding the solenoid sparks a lot and won't work.

How do I fix a shorted commutator

just need to replace it, a new OEM starter and solenoid is only $125.00 over on this side

how can i rell if its shorted or done?

+ Reply to Thread