What is the matter with people

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What is the matter with people

What is the matter with people

later
    Last edited by North Country Tough; 03-26-2017 at 12:27 PM.

Well welcome to the new world of pc eco friendly hippies kids.
    Perhaps if you can figure who owns what and drive out to meet them ( In your truck ) with a polite greeting and offer to keep and downfall off the trails for them. Show up with a picture of what you will be driving and politely explain, that though you wouldn't, should they opt to keep the trail closed the inevitable trespassing will occur with out of towners traipsing all across their property if there is no longer an established trail and that most people respect the established trail along with the rights to use it and will keep to the established trail to be able to continue to use it.
    We would often meet the trail owners of places we rode, always with a wave first, if they were out we would stop the machines and walk over to them asking if they minded us using the trail as often times there used to be one over there, to get a " just keep to the trail" talk which led to the waves every time we passed through even if at an unattended cabin or hunting camp (just in case).

It may be tough and require a couple trips of "hey neighbor./?" to accomplish this as their opinion of what you said may change after you've left, but your response from asking may be positive as you are no longer a trespasser instead an individual caring about their authority and property.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

You can't fight the battle alone. I'm the President of the local atv/snowmobile club and when I took over I was saddled with the same problems. Luckily I had a background in public service and knew the towns/states need to get involved. We started redoing all our trails to support the tree huggers. We put in turn outs for the machines to allow hikers, etc to go by. We put in bird houses and information stations and other eco stuff. We made trails that went to businesses. In this last year the town and state have committed $700,000 to us in writing over 20 years. So far local contractors have pledge hundreds of thousands of dollars in work on our trials. They're working as I write this note. We now have the eco groups coming to us for help and we will help them. We have almost double our new trails and expect to double that in 5 years. The bottom line is get people together who want to help and then go out to the public telling them how you are going to help them. Good luck.

Sad but true, that's why I moved into an unincorporated part of my county on a gravel road. Fortunately in this area a house can not be built on less than 20 acres and the property must have 450' of road frontage.

LIBTARDS will do that. Do what i say not what i do

This is our new reality, anything outdoors is on target for the "save the planet" folks. It will take a very unified effort for all of us ( hunting, fishing, atvving, ect.) to create a very positive message about what we do for the " planet" . Hunters and fishers through tags, fees, donations, ect. have the biggest contribution per person for the environment, never hear anything about that from the Tree Huggers. The only way us outdoorspeople have a fighting chance is to set our small squabbles aside between groups, unify, and create a positive message backed with results and statics that can only be met with praise instead of negative press. We do have a fight on our hands that will only get worse and only hard positive work will allow us to keep these hobbies, traditions, and values in the future.

from a land owner point of view i carry 2000000 insurance and keep my fingers crossed dont have a lot of people on the farm know most of them but if someone has a mishap here the land owner is at fault it seems a person can fall over a no traspassing sign get break something and the landowner is in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by old farmer View Post
    from a land owner point of view i carry 2000000 insurance and keep my fingers crossed dont have a lot of people on the farm know most of them but if someone has a mishap here the land owner is at fault it seems a person can fall over a no traspassing sign get break something and the landowner is in trouble
    Yes, you are right, and what you say is correct but still if crossbowme or his friends or maybe me come to you with respect and ask for permission to cross your land you are a lot more likely to give us permission than if we trespass first and you have to catch us and order us off and then we try to get you to change your mind. Everybody,even old farmers appreciate respect.

later
    Last edited by North Country Tough; 03-26-2017 at 12:26 PM.

Ya gonna blame that one, big run-on sentence on the Internet too? I find it VERY hard to read.

+ Reply to Thread