What is the matter with people

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What is the matter with people

Is that where we're at, correcting punctuation? I had no trouble getting through it at all. I must be special.

Quote Originally Posted by onefunzr2 View Post
    Ya gonna blame that one, big run-on sentence on the Internet too? I find it VERY hard to read.
    I do so appreciate you taking the time to point out that Iam not as educated or worldly as you are Butt Munch I did at one time find this forum fun but I guess Iam over it shove your opinion Iam out Mike shut me down see Ya

Whipper

butt munch,lol.have not heard that one in a day or 3.

I grew up on a farm in Maryland and we road Dirt bikes all over every weekend. Yes we had a farmer or two want to run us off but I would talk to him and promise not to ride on his Crop fields and just around them. 90 % of the time we was good to go. I just think the 1% bad sticks in peoples mind more than the 90% good. But there again I am not at you deal so I really don't know ?
    Just my 2 cents !
    As for Bashing on the forum DON'T EVEN START !! All you will do is take a Grea site for All of us who Love it and make it a Trash site like SO MANY OUT THERE !!
    As a community of AATV people we just don't need it !!

AMEN!

Quote Originally Posted by philipatmaxfour View Post
    Yes, you are right, and what you say is correct but still if crossbowme or his friends or maybe me come to you with respect and ask for permission to cross your land you are a lot more likely to give us permission than if we trespass first and you have to catch us and order us off and then we try to get you to change your mind. Everybody,even old farmers appreciate respect.
    Well said - also our club carries $300,000 liability on all riders on club approved trails.

Quote Originally Posted by whipper-ag View Post

Whipper
    WoW

2 more cents. I have a farm, use to let people ride on the edges of the field, then they started taking advantage of it and drove threw the crops. Once again as someone else has stated 1 bad apple. The problem I have is finding the bad one after the damage is done, when you loose 2-3 ac of corn, and a couple of ac of beans it gets you to the point where it's easier to just say no. That doesn't take in account for the ruts that are left that need to be disked over to fix. Please don't take this the wrong way I have my freinds and grandkids ride the farm and used to allow most anyone but after repeated problems we had to stop all but family and freinds.

Again 2 cents....as a sportsman and a new AATV rider, I always ask for permission to use land up front, and if granted, get it in writing, (Required here in VT) along with what is allowed and not allowed. If not granted permission, I tell the owner that I understand and thank them anyway. The permission in writing works both ways...I have a form to show authorities if asked, and the landowner has a way of knowing and contacting those that they have given permission to. It is pretty easy for them to know who might be on their land and when. I have found this method to be a great process, as I have been able to meet and make some new friends, and also become a better steward of the lands. If I see anyone who might be using or abusing the land, I report it to the land owner. This works for both hunting and use of the AATV. Also, unlike some 'sportsmen', I get my permissions renewed each season. This makes sure that the land owner knows and remembers me, and also renews his trust in me, as I will not use the lands without permission. There has been way too much land posted recently that previously was open land. All because people use lands without permission.

+ Reply to Thread