AAF Tank Museum Military Extravaganza

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: AAF Tank Museum Military Extravaganza

AAF Tank Museum Military Extravaganza

Hi Gang.

I was speaking to a bunch of people at Busco this weekend about an upcoming event in Danville, Virginia.

For those who don't know it, I've been a volunteer at the AAF Tank Museum since 1992. About 10 years ago the museum had a large building and land donated to it so my friends pulled up their tent stakes and moved the museum from Long Island, New York to Danville, Virginia. The last 5 years or so they have been holding an annual event for the public that is pretty exciting. We'll run some tanks and other armored vehicles for the crowd to see. There will be demonstrations all day long on both days. There will 1/16th scale RC tank battles, reinactors from several eras, a scale model show/contest, vendors and food.

I thought some folks in the area or near the area might enjoy seeing it so here's the data.

April 25th and 26th.

Tank museum website:

Tank Museum Military Extravaganza - Danville Virginia - American - Tank Museum Event

Here's a video I shot of the event in 2007:

Hope to see some of you there.
    Last edited by George; 04-20-2009 at 08:38 PM.
    Banned

hey George, i had a feeling that i had something going on that weekend. Beth just reminded me that my parents are coming to visit. i'm excited to see them, but i hate we won't be able to make the big event at the tank museum
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Just a reminder. This event is this weekend.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Just a reminder. This event is this weekend.
    u got discount cupons ???????????????robbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

hi all , if u did not go to the tank museum . you miss a great show it was wounderful lewis will get vids up shortly . had a great time. met george sr george and little george great people . robbie
    Last edited by rdr; 04-25-2009 at 07:54 PM.
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

Thumbs down Awesome show!!!!

George want to thank you and the staff for a wonderful day. Enjoyed every minute of it. Enjoyed meeting all the Georges! George senior, George and little George. The place runs like a well oiled machine. Nice displays, demonstrations, information. The equipment is in superb condition, a lot of work has went into these machines. Thanks guys for keeping a piece of our history in such great condition. I highly recommend this to all.

Lewis

Thank you to you Carolina folk too.

It was very nice getting to see you guys again. The three Georges had a blast with you all.
    Banned

This video is from Saturday at the Tank Museum that George is a volunteer at. Was nice to meet all three Georges. George senior, George and his son George. That's a lot of Georges

George was supposed to be WORKING, but he looked like he was having way to much fun for this to be called work.

Robbie, Alley and Hunter and my wife and I went to see the Georges at work.

Hope you enjoy it we did.

Tank Museum on Vimeo

great vid lewis . thank you robbie .

L to R: Peggy, Lewis,Me, RDR, Allie and Hunter up front.

Very cool video Lewis. Thanks a bunch! And thanks a bunch to Peggy, Robbie, Allie and Hunter for coming to see me this weekend.
    Banned

+ Reply to Thread