Finders keepers?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Finders keepers?

Finders keepers?

I went hiking this morning and found this wrecked Honda 300 in the middle of nowhere. It might belong to forest service/state park service as this was a hiking/biking/equestrian area only and closed to all motorized vehicles. It looked like it recently rolled off the trail as it didn't appear to have been sitting there long. The plastic fenders were broken and the left front tire had come unseated. There was no key in it and no bodies around so I'm guessing whoever left it there will come back and get it... Unless I get to it first
    Attached Images

Its mine please return it, wife is mad.
    Cave Trolls Rule!

Not sure how it works where you are, but if it was here, I would turn it in to the Police. If nobody claims it within a year, then it is returned to the person that found it. That way it would legally belong to whoever found it.

Just a thought
    Could be an easy way to get a quad.
    Those 300 Hondas are really "Bulletproof" (I have a couple of them), and it's probably an easy fix.

RD

It might be stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by coosaridgerider View Post
    It might be stolen.
    That was my first thought, as well. Someone stole it, rode it until something broke, then dumped it and split. As advised, if it's still there in a few days, turn it in to the authorities - if unclaimed you might get it, but if it was stolen the owner would be mighty grateful to see it returned.

Does your state require you to register your ATV's? Like boats and snowmobiles. If it's registered, you might find the owner through the reg number. Or take the VIN to the cops and see if anyone reported one stolen.
    It's all just nuts and bolts.

+ Reply to Thread