Video-Suzuki with tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Video-Suzuki with tracks

Video-Suzuki with tracks

This is just a little video I shot this morning to give everyone an idea of what the tracks are all about. I plan to take the the Vinson and the ASX equiped MAX out this weekend for a very serious workout. Mud,chip piles, water swamp etc. Enjoy

Looks serious. Did they suck much power and speed from the machine?

Been doing alot of riding with the ASX's on the IV and absolutely love them. I do have to run an extra 1/2 psi in the right side tires to get the machine to track straight going down the road. I am currently running 2psi and 2 1/2psi.

Have fun this weekend Dan. I got my billet rods and percission cam in and looking forward to moding the engine this weekend.

Later,
    Rut

Power

Quote Originally Posted by fulleraviation View Post
    Looks serious. Did they suck much power and speed from the machine?

Been doing alot of riding with the ASX's on the IV and absolutely love them. I do have to run an extra 1/2 psi in the right side tires to get the machine to track straight going down the road. I am currently running 2psi and 2 1/2psi.

Have fun this weekend Dan. I got my billet rods and percission cam in and looking forward to moding the engine this weekend.

Later,
    Rut
    Actually the machine feels very, very strong with the tracks on. I can go through most situations in high range. Top speed is down to about 35 mph because the tracks reduce gearing about 30% but that is a fast as I want to go with tracks anyway, but the machine is really enjoyable because you can spend a lot more time riding through impossible stuff without wondering if you are gonna make it through or not. Funny thing about your psi. looking forward to really testing the ASX tires.So far they seem awful tank like in there abilities.

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    I just really really like the way those things look. Maybe you can do some comparison video this weekend, that would be cool. Have fun ridding.

mightymaxIV ,

That pond that you drove your quad through had a REALLY soft bottom on it I,m sure , but your " tracked " Suzuki quad drove through it like the bottom of the pond was hard. I can,t wait to see how it does in some REALLY bad mud.

soft mud

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    mightymaxIV ,

That pond that you drove your quad through had a REALLY soft bottom on it I,m sure , but your " tracked " Suzuki quad drove through it like the bottom of the pond was hard. I can,t wait to see how it does in some REALLY bad mud.
    I would have never made it through with just tires.

A good friend of mine has those tracks on his yamaha rhino and LOVES them. He says they are unstopable. Looks cool too. Wonder if the would work on a 6x6. A set on front and a set on back??? Something to think about Dan.
    Last edited by chapy; 04-30-2009 at 06:01 AM. Reason: can'ttypeinthemorning

for the 6x6

Quote Originally Posted by chapy View Post
    A good friend of mine has those tracks on his yamaha rhino and LOVES them. He says they are unstopable. Looks cool too. Wonder if the would work on a 6x6. A set on front and a set on back??? Something to think about Dan.
    No- They wouldn't skid steer, it would take a one piece redesign but they could be made so they bolted to all three wheels as an anchor with only the rear wheel driving the track (Take the chains off for the front and middle tires) and lower boggie wheels used as a guide. Using this design you could give your machine as much ground clearance as you desired. You could also design the lower boggie wheels with spring or bar suspension so thing would ride like a cloud. It would truley be unstoppable. Imagine your AATV with suspension on the tracks and about three to four more inches of ground clearance-Whhhhooooooo!
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 04-30-2009 at 10:25 AM.

Now you have had some time with the tracks who is overall king. Atv with tracks or an AATV?

+ Reply to Thread