American Made 4.5 Angle grinder

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: American Made 4.5 Angle grinder

I definately understand why you want an american one. I was just saying that since they are no longer made here, name brand doesnt matter too much if you are buying new. I hate buying chinese crap as much as the next guy and that's why my truck is american, most of my atv is american(metric and SAE mixed together is annoying as hell by the way), etc.

I just bought an OEM briggs vanguard starter brush and holder assy. I know the vanguard is made in Japan, or nearby . This brush assy, official B&S, said made in China

Quote Originally Posted by atvrider93 View Post
    I definately understand why you want an american one. I was just saying that since they are no longer made here, name brand doesnt matter too much if you are buying new. I hate buying chinese crap as much as the next guy and that's why my truck is American, most of my atv is american(metric and SAE mixed together is annoying as hell by the way), etc.
    Yes, you are correct in your thinking now. Why pay high price for a name which is made on the same line as Harbor Freight, just buy the cheap one and pay less. Each time they close a plant they lay off a customer. Wounder how long it will take them to do the math on that one. I now have an American made grinder so where will i go for the next tool. Guess it's time to hit the yard sales for tools. I hate yard sales.

You know that you now have a collector's item. One that will probably outlive you in functionality... like stuff from the good ole days that was passed on in families from generation to generations.

Bridget

Quote Originally Posted by Model Citizen View Post
    You know that you now have a collector's item. One that will probably outlive you in functionality... like stuff from the good ole days that was passed on in families from generation to generations.

Bridget
    You are right Bridget, collectors item! I still have my Grandfather big heavy ones that are still running great, have no idea how old they are.

Keep up the passion boys.U.S made,we love it.I restore U.S pinball machines{no longer made}.I have used 350 chev engines and gearboxes in Aussie cars.I us U.S made firearms.The guy 5 doors down has 2 corvettes and 2 firebirds and collects Rockola jukeboxes.Mustangs are common here.We may be on the other side of the globe but we too are proud to say "It's American Made".It hurts to see you guys hurting so bad.

Lewis, good find for you. I don't recall you saying what manufacturer though.

I like to buy American when I can but there is one thing that makes me more mad than buying a POS china something is buying a American made item that cost 3 to 4 times as much and has no better quality. Then the manufacturer has the balls to put a sticker on it that says "PROUDLY MADE IN AMERICA" and it is a total POS!!

If I built something that was as cheesy as that I certainly would'nt be bragging about how proud I am of it.

The American manufacturer must not immulate what comes from overseas. If they are going to command a good buck for something the workmanship ought to be there!

Sorry for the rant......Mark

It's becoming survival of the fittest, guys. If something is sold for $20.00 & lasts 20 years & the same something is $3.00, but last only 2 years, which is the bigger bang for your buck? The problem is that the manufacturer of the $3.00 item will make another one for $3.00 ALL DAY LONG. It's called job security FOR THEM. Consequently, nothing is made the way it should be anymore & no one knows how to make anything. How's this for an example..yesterday Whipper got a call from a college student that had a project he was working on. When Whipper asked him what kind of spline he wanted, he said "What's a spline?". SERIOUS!!!!. If someone controls every aspect of things we use in our daily lives, heaven help us when they one day say, nah, we don't want to make it for you anymore. A lot of us do get it & that's why it's so frustrating. When people here don't have jobs, it hurts, & we should be able to say so.

Bridget

A Few Little Tricks They Use On Us

"Australian Made" sticker,yer the box was made in Australia,not the contents. "Australian Owned" sticker,Owner of company from overseas registers company in Australia{has to to import}We were targeting such products thinking we were doing good for the country.Now these stickers mean nothing.We were being fooled by our own stickers with our flag on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mark m. View Post
    Lewis, good find for you. I don't recall you saying what manufacturer though.

I like to buy American when I can but there is one thing that makes me more mad than buying a POS china something is buying a American made item that cost 3 to 4 times as much and has no better quality. Then the manufacturer has the balls to put a sticker on it that says "PROUDLY MADE IN AMERICA" and it is a total POS!!

If I built something that was as cheesy as that I certainly would'nt be bragging about how proud I am of it.

The American manufacturer must not immulate what comes from overseas. If they are going to command a good buck for something the workmanship ought to be there!

Sorry for the rant......Mark
    This is a bit long and i do apologize but it contains a lot of info and links: Sorry but i think people should Know who, what and where.

Mark feel the pain pal! Some Companies are forced to go on the cheap to try and keep up but they don't understand! Where one person was to perform a job and do it well, they now are forced to and i hate this word "Multitask" as for the cheap labor you can have 5 workers to one job. Quality matches pricing. Quality will set you apart from the pack, but when your product is no better quality...why bother. except you put food on your neighbors table not overseas.

As a very young boy my Grandfather told me a saying that he pretty much lived by. First he was in my.. and others opinion the best gunsmith in North Carolina. People came from near and far to buy his hand made weapons.
    His saying was" There is always room at the Top, because everyone else is at the bottom." The was talking about quality, and it took me many years to get it, but as i grew older it became crystal clear!!!!! He was way ahead of his time. He did not gouged the price but made a profit to keep his meager little shop going. They now call this the Cottage Industry, the ruminants of a once great industry.
    Everyone now has heard the word "KIZAN" and i may have spelled it wrong, but it is a Jap word so i don't care. This was a American theory of doing business years ago. After WW2 he was sent to Japan to rebuild their industry to avoid the same situation that occurred after WWI. The japs just gave it this name, upon his return to this country he tried to make it work here and "our" business CEO's fired him. They were going to do it their way. Very interesting story. Now look at what the CEO's are doing. A county/western singer mad a song that i always associate our great industry leaders. "It's all about Me" I think it was Toby Keith.

I get tickled at the looks when these meeting pop up to inform them that this is a American theory not Japanese. The looks i get is priceless
    There is more on TV to watch and read that Sponge Bob square pants!

It is a Milwaukee angle grinder. It was the last of its kind. It's predecessors are all the China model. This unit was a -6 and the New CHINA models are -30's. It arrived Thursday and i feel like i can hand this tool down to my children. All my power hand tools are American made. This may be harder to say in the near future.

The term kaizen (改善, Japanese for "improvement") is a Japanese word adopted into English referring to a philosophy or practices focusing on continuous improvement in manufacturing activities, business activities in general, and even life in general, depending on interpretation and usage. When used in the business sense and applied to the workplace, kaizen typically refers to activities that continually improve all functions of a business, from manufacturing to management and from the CEO to the assembly line workers.[1] By improving standardized activities and processes, kaizen aims to eliminate waste (see lean manufacturing). Kaizen was first implemented in several Japanese businesses during the country's recovery after World War II and has since spread to businesses throughout the world.[2]

Chapter 16. Japan’s Post-World War II Defensive, Mercantilist, Economic Warfare Plan | The Institute for Economic Democracy
    After reading this imagine what the China problem is.

Here is the guy that was the guru of all this. Our business Ceo's fired him.
    Makes for excellent reading as to why we are where we are today.

Japanese economic takeoff after 1945

William Edward Deming - The greatest man of the 20th Century | Care2 Share
    Quality Gurus « Total Quality Management

+ Reply to Thread