Action age scrambler

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Action age scrambler

Action age scrambler

Hello
    There is a 69 or 70 scrambler for sale locally. I haven't seen it yet. Looking for advise on what to look for. Supposed to run and drive, no damage below water line.
    Thanks in advance
    Vern

Only thing I can tell you is that they have no reverse!

Quote Originally Posted by dave phelps View Post
    Only thing I can tell you is that they have no reverse!
    Most, some have electric reverse and there was a geared add on I've never seen.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Most, some have electric reverse and there was a geared add on I've never seen.
    The way we drive Jim we have to have reverse!! LOLOL

Hi Vern, I don't believe they have a real frame either. There are angle iron pcs. fiberglassed into the bottom of the tub. It would be an ok machine for kids if you got it cheap enough. Otherwise save your money for a newer machine. My 2 cents. good luck mike

what is cheap enough? the guy want 700.00

Quote Originally Posted by vgilbertson View Post
    what is cheap enough? the guy want 700.00
    I think that might be a bit much for that machine.
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Thank you, that's the advice I was looking for

just for kicks I b bought a 70 argo scrambler for $180.00 think I payed to mutch it does have reverse the 2 stroke motor is a harley davidson with a starter gen that starts by reversing the motor has a micro switch at the pedal to start motor in forward or reverce looks like bike chains run it . may end up finishing the body and call it a lawn ornament

Quote Originally Posted by special ed View Post
    just for kicks I b bought a 70 argo scrambler for $180.00 think I payed to mutch it does have reverse the 2 stroke motor is a harley davidson with a starter gen that starts by reversing the motor has a micro switch at the pedal to start motor in forward or reverce looks like bike chains run it . may end up finishing the body and call it a lawn ornament
    Sounds like someone used what they had, it would hurt performance for sure if they disabled the torque convertor.

Scramblers can be a fun entry machine and are quite capable in forward, electric reverse is enough to back you off a tree or bank, no reverse sucks if you need it. For many people that do the occasional ride on smooth established trails or fields these machines could be great and comfortable.

JerseyBigfoot's daughter could put some of us to shame in her Scrambler.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread