Where else can I find the serial #?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where else can I find the serial #?

Where else can I find the serial #?

Brought my first Max home last Saturday 01/23/2021. A Max II. Right now I am still looking for the serial #. The plate is on the left side where you climb in, not on the dash, and it has been painted over. I have looked at the frame around the battery but I have not found anything there yet. Any other suggestions where I might locate the serial #? Other things about this machine, round headlights, the exhaust is just above the back wheel on the left side coming out of the lower tub, and the location of the plate with the id numbers. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I will pry the plate off and sand it to see what I can find when it warms up, right now it is 15° here and I am not going out for any extended periods. It should warm-up next week into the 40's so I will work on things then.

Thanks.

Papa G.

The serial number should be stamped into that plate. I wouldn't sand it, but use some chemical stripper. The stamping can be very light and you might sand it right off.
    If that is in fact the RI serial number plate. not sure why it would be moved.

post a picture of the plate.

The frame is numbered on older max2 on top of flat in front of battery. The numbers are 1/16” inch high only. I usually have to sand the frame to find it. It can be anywhere on that flat part. If your ID plate is metal the number will be stamped. If it’s a sticker it’s just printed and very hard to read if painted over.

The id plate is metal. It is riveted to the left side body panel and looks like it has never been removed but that is hard to tell. It has been painted over with Raptor bedliner paint. And it is thick, very thick. I do appreciate the warning about sanding the # off. I was afraid of that.

I may just sand very lightly and get the outer layer of paint, then use a chemical to strip down to the plate.

Thank you for the advice.

Check out this thread and then do some research on the electrolysis process,
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/showt...t=19064&page=1

Quote Originally Posted by Papa G. View Post
    The id plate is metal. It is riveted to the left side body panel and looks like it has never been removed but that is hard to tell. It has been painted over with Raptor bedliner paint. And it is thick, very thick. I do appreciate the warning about sanding the # off. I was afraid of that.

I may just sand very lightly and get the outer layer of paint, then use a chemical to strip down to the plate.

Thank you for the advice.
    Drill out the rivits and read the number from the back.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thanks, Argojim, that is the best idea so far. Never thought of that. As soon as it warms up the drill is in my hand.

+ Reply to Thread