Financing Argo

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Financing Argo

Financing Argo

Hi - Buying new Argo next month. Argo no longer deals with Sheffield financial and does not offer any other financing alternative. They suggest using our own bank. Personal banks are much higher rates of interest. I was wondering if anyone else has a suggestion for best rates. Our Credit rating is excellent just need an alternative for lower interest rates. Thank you

Save yourself a lot of money and don't finance it. Find a nice clean used one using the 6X6World buyer's guide and looking around on Craigslist and ebay. When you buy a new machine you're not only going to be paying a lot extra in financing, but you'll also be losing a lot of money in depreciation.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

If at all possible buy a new one...I bought a new 2013 hdi in september last year with brush guard, 3000 lb warn winch, hand rails, bilge pump, rear receiver winch kit ..$17,279 ...I have tried saving money buying used and got stuck everytime..bent axles, engine problems, worn out chains, etc...most 6 and 8 wheelers need new bearings around 300 hours or less if used in mud or water..it may actually cost you more money and time in the long run to buy used...nothing is better than new..there are many new inprovements on the 2013 and 2014 including transmission couplers, admiral transmission, heavier bearings, better disc emergency brake, etc and $1500 in rebates...also new argos now come with a 2 year warranty on machine and 3 years on
    engine...jmo

Payments are best left for houses in my opinion. I could see payments on maybe even a car or truck even, but not on a toy. What happens when you put the 300 hours on it and then need to make payments and pay for new parts? I agree with Swift here. Buy what you can afford, not what your neighbor thinks you ought to be able to afford, and if your neighbor is rich, don't try and keep up with their toys. Doing so will lead to a life of unhappiness and debt.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    Payments are best left for houses in my opinion. I could see payments on maybe even a car or truck even, but not on a toy. What happens when you put the 300 hours on it and then need to make payments and pay for new parts? I agree with Swift here. Buy what you can afford, not what your neighbor thinks you ought to be able to afford, and if your neighbor is rich, don't try and keep up with their toys. Doing so will lead to a life of unhappiness and debt.
    I'm not a real big fan of house payments either. A few hundred extra a month turns a 30 yr into a 15 yr or less.

Used is definetly the way to go....Unless you have no mechanical ability. Because it's a lot cheaper to maintain a used one and also make your own personal touches.. Just my opinion..... Norm..

Well if you must finance just shop around banks/credit unions for best options. I financed a newer slightly used argo through my bank at 2.5% interest rate. Try to find a good deal used and avoid financing like everyone above said.

New hdi argos cost as much as a new truck and I dont consider them toys...i do have friends that spend every weekend working on there older machines and have become slaves to their machines...old machines are just old machines with not much resale value and very little trade in value...you can keep buying older macines and thats all you have but buy a new machine and in 3 to 4 years sell it to someone who would rather save money than time ...then take that money and again buy another new one..he will always have an old machine while you are riding a new machine at his expense.....you will be happier and have total confidence when going to those
    remote places....its always the older machines we need to tow back to camp ..
    these argos as you already know newer machines hold there value like a rolex not a used timex...its not how much money you make its all about spending it wisely.

Just about any credit union or bank that finances Motorcycles or ATV's will finance an ARGO. Check around.

i bought an 89 magnum, new chains, sprockets, piston rings, primary clutch, added a 60 amp car alternator and sent power to the back so i can put on a 32 lbs-trust trolling motor for water crossings. The whole thing probably cost me about 1500$ including the argo. The bearings are all new by the prev owner, new fuel filter and fuel lines. i'm no mechanic but i ask a lot of questions, try stuff, fail and learn from my mistakes. My argo is the only vehicle that did not break down last fall in hunting season. we have 13 atvs/argo total and they all broke in some way shape or form except for mine(even the brand new hdi didn't make it). buy what you can afford and take the time to work on it right and you wont regret it. i go alone all the time and i'm never fearful of walking home or worst sleeping in the bush overnight. My grandfather always told me "take care of your machines and they will take care of you".
    Sa passe ou sa casse!!!!

+ Reply to Thread