General Fuel Cost Rant

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: General Fuel Cost Rant

Come on over

[QUOTE=Sol;167815]Well NTC as your neighbor here in Michigan I've spent my share of time in the Ontario bush all of which I have enjoyed immensely. Its not the fuel prices that keep me away... It's not even the GST. I think its more of an attitude that for the most part folks up/over there just don't want us to be there. Not the outfitter but the general public. I have spent many an evening in a Toronto bar defending being from the states. I'll agree that Canada is an amazing place. I spend many hours looking across the river and think. "Man is that beautiful over there". I'm pretty sure your view is no where near as nice looking this way. Bottom line is Ontario just don't want us. Or that's at least the way they make us feel about it.
    Sol what can I say to that I have not experienced Anti American myself,as a third generation to own vacation land in Northern Ontario and now a resident I can remember as a young fella looking forward to summer vacation at the cabin to meet up again with friends created over the years,most where our neighbors on the lake and were from Ohio,New York State,West Virginia,and Michigan them days at the local merchants Ontario license plates were the minority all summer,I still have some of them same friends to this day.The local lodges catered to tourist from all over and the store owners were glad to see the colorful plates from different states pulling in.Some of the coolest tackle I would get came up from the U.S long before we seen it here if ever,electronic fish finders and the first Bass boats with motors as big as a outhouse were drug here by tourist from the States as i watched and added to my bucket list,our family met and befriended a family from West Virginia by the name of Cobun (probably wrong spelling)they were the nicest people and brought up the first Stalker AATV,my father spent alot of time with Walt in the back lakes fishin,dont give up on us here in Ontario cause of a few A Holes you've run into and if ya want to spend some time in the near north give me a call I will make sure you enjoy it.NCT

Thanks for the kind words. Like I said I really enjoy the time I've spent north and east. Funny the closes boarder crossing for me is about 70 miles south. My garage is adorn with many pics of the greatest fishing trips EVER all Canada. I'd love to spend a week on Lady Evelyn once again or ... See ya got me thinkin. You sir are a fine ambassador your your great province. I may just take you up on that someday. "loyal she began and loyal she remains"

+ Reply to Thread