Hey folks, Its gonna be a tough Christmas for us this year. Amongst 2 vehicles that decided to break down, and of course one had to be a transmission in my truck, my pension is just not cutting it. My wife works but we aren't making ends meet. I am in the process of looking for a job, but being 56 years old I am now experiencing discrimination. Oh well, we are going to make it as nice as we can for our grandkids and for our youngest still at home. I'm going to possibly sell my six wheeler but the wife is not letting me yet. She told me, "Don't you dare, you love that thing". I won't tell her when I post it, but it's getting to that point. Sad times until I find a new job. Tough market now for us older folks. I'm applied at Wally World but, got turned down as I am overqualified. Same at Fleet Farm and Menards. I'm finding the younger generation is getting the jobs over me. I also found out after applying at the jail in town, that I didn't get the job. I found out later that a 19 year old girl got the job over me. I have 13 years of experience in a Prison and that 19 year old has never even had a job before that one. Hmmm, ya think she knew somebody on staff. Oh Well, Getting pretty sad, when I guy that worked all his life can't get a job at one of those places. Getting pretty frustrated. To help with my frustrations, my daughter and I went and put up christmas lights for the grandkids to see. They are coming tonight and I can't wait to see there eyes light up.
If I sell the wheeler I won't be on here much anymore and I've got to say there is alot of nice people on this site. But I hope I can get a job before I have to sell my baby. Well got to go and just want to wish most everybody a Merry Christmas.