Hey all. Hope everyone is having a great summer. Well, today was a sorta tough day. 3 years ago, mu mom passed. She was an amazingly funny and loving woman. She kept our family together. If you still have yours, call her, hug her, tell her how much you love her.

Now, as to the title of my post. It was a great day wrenching. Dad wanted me to hang with him today. So, we rolled an old motorcycle out and began working on it. The old 1971 Yamaha XS1B has a storied past. It was bought and raced HARD in the 70s. After the third owner tried to rework it, my dad picked it up for my uncle in milk crates! Well, they chopped it, built the engine, and she rolled for several years. In 1993, my uncle gave the old gal to my dad, who parked it in the garage. Around 1996, I talked him into helping me get it to run again. In a day's time, she was. Then life hit, and she sat until 2005, she we pulled her back out and did a complete repaint, carb rebuild, and new tires. I rode her for that summer and had a great time. Well, the wife wanted another child, and I jokingly said "If i can have a new bike). Well, we came home from the hospital in late May, and I had two weeks later I had a brand new bike! The old XS1B went back into hibernation. Fast forward to today, We rolled the old lady out, cleaned the carbs, warmed over the battery, and i began kicking. Yeah, last year of kick start only big bike for Yamaha. Well, she roared back to life, i jumped on her, and we rode down the road together. Here's the bittersweet part of this. We did all this to possible sell her. She's great, but dad wants it out of the garage, and I want some money to put towards another 6x6 I'm looking at.

So, to sum this up... Love you Mamas and you old machines!