A bit off topic, but Seasonal

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A bit off topic, but Seasonal

A bit off topic, but Seasonal

While early, I need to get this out before things get any more hectic....Wishing One and All a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

Some things that I will not get into, but we are expecting our 3rd grand child within days, so it could be both hectic and happy here. Weather has been an issue here Northern New England and winter is starting to show its ugly head. Yesterday we had near whiteout conditions and today it has all melted away and tomorrow it will be something like 5F. We have been without water for 58+ hours due to a major break in a main distribution line coming out of our local fresh water facility....supposedly we will be getting water later today....cross our fingers. We are past the national elections and shortly we will begin a new era into uncharted territory. So while there are both ups and downs, things are basically looking up.
    HiPowerOne

Merry Christmas. I hope you get water restored today.

Don't know where you're from but it is like that in Maine also. Since it is freezing up now hopefully we will have a nice base for future snow. Can't wait to us my new HDi in deep snow.

I'm lucky, I have a well and generator!

Update, we got water about 4:10PM yesterday afternoon, after nearly 57.5 hrs ... the problem was actually fixed sooner, but it took forever for the system to fill with water...the actual system issue was much longer than that, but residual water in the reservoirs and system delayed our outage. While it does not sound like much, you do not realize how much we are accustomed to on demand water until you are without it. While we could drill a well, our home in the country, we live 3.5 miles from the village center, has a public water supply. Actually "tri-town", the result of a 1952 county wide water drought in a mostly agricultural community. At the time the federal government floated a loan for the 3 towns to build a huge water treatment facility and distribution system. For the best part of 60+ years there has not been a major issue. But what happened, a main line rupture, was probably long overdue. Anyway, hopefully we will be good to go for another 60 years...knock on wood.

Merry Christmas to you too hang in there , things will get better. Especially will a new addition to the family.
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

MERRY CHRISTMAS from D. TRUMP

+ Reply to Thread