2013 MAX IV for sale

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 MAX IV for sale

This kind of thing never happened when they were made in Buffalo. Hmm

That is True AND you could still get the when in Buffalo !!!

Yeah, that's not cool at all. What age was he told the machine was, if any? When I spoke with jcarr343 he did say he knew it was an older unit and not a 2013 so he had some idea that it was older but how much?

Regardless of what was said the manufacturer changing the year of a machine is deception. I hope someone brings criminal charges. That is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Hey_Dan View Post
    That is the factory demo machine in my avatar picture!

Funny thing is that the picture of me driving it was taken around 2006. Who told you it was a 2013? I'm sorry to see that you were scammed, because that machine is about 13 years older than that.

I put a rear winch on that machine for a senior project when I was going to school for engineering and working for RI. That was in 2008. The holes I drilled for the mounting can be seen in the ebay listing picture of the rear of the vehicle. https://goo.gl/photos/TAR8AGixu1CPS9ZS6

That Max IV had some alternate design and brand outer bearings that were being tested for durability, and some modifications were made to make them fit. This and other modifications could make finding replacement parts difficult. It also had a 29 hp Kawasaki engine in it back then, which is why it has the taller engine cover on it.

I see machines being sold as way newer than they are all the time, and it really bothers me to see people get taken. That one I just had to comment on, as my avatar picture is of me driving that "2013" back in about 2006, when the machine already had many hours of hard use on it and was several years old.

JPSwift, if you read this, this is the machine I took you for a ride in when I first met you at Copper Ridge, in Olean NY. What year was that? 2005? I think that was the same year I first met Egoperf there as well... wow great memories....

I confirmed the serial number of this machine with Max and the ebay listing before posting this.
    You're absolutely right Dan, that's when you met me and Brady. You've got a good memory, it was the Summer of 2005 at Copper Ridge Trails in Olean, NY. We can both say for a fact that we were all in that exact machine.

Quote Originally Posted by egoperf View Post
    Regardless of what was said the manufacturer changing the year of a machine is deception. I hope someone brings criminal charges. That is wrong
    I certainly believe that the law states something along the lines of, if a manufacturer that knowingly and intentionally altered the year of manufacture of a machine and then proceeded to sell it to an unaware buyer(across state lines in this case), this manufacturer is guilty of committing a fraudulent interstate transaction.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I have a question from a practical standpoint. Not defending anyone but just a question about the industry in general. Is the aatv industry (I"m a newbie to aatv's) at all like the agricultural industry where the year model of a machine is insignificant? I'll use John Deere an example, specifically the 4850 tractor. JD manufactured the 4850 from 1983 to 1988. It (and thousands of other pieces of equipment) are commonly known to the consumer only by their model number (4850). If you need a part, you order a part for a 4850, not a 1984 model 4850. Often there are serial number breaks that distinguish the technicalities of one 4850 from another. From the buyer's perspective, year model doesn't really enter the equation, but hours, condition, tire type/condition, options (quick hitch, MFWD, transmission type, weights, radio, extra hydraulic remotes, etc.) mean everything. Year model may appear on the bill of sale or other docs, but year model doesn't matter from a practical standpoint.

Are aatv's viewed in a similar light? I often look at the ads for these machines and the only reason year model would be important is if it signified a noteworthy design change/improvement (hollow axles to splined axles). I'm more interested in the condition of the machine, quality of the components, hours of use, accessories, etc. rather than what year it was manufactured. Year model in the automobile industry is a huge deal because that's how the industry has organized itself, and in addition to being necessary transportation cars are a status symbol....the newer the car the higher your status, and newness can only be measured by year model.

I guess my question is this: How important is the year model in the aatv industry? I"m not suggesting Jcarr's situation is ok, just asking.

Not at all like the tractors, but good point. max 2 Has been a max 2 for many years same with max 4

"....I'm more interested in the condition of the machine, quality of the components, hours of use, accessories, etc. rather than what year it was manufactured...." Yes! As am I, BUT,year of manufacture really matters irrespective of the industry or product;if for no other reason than human psychology and 'buying the latest/greatest' or finding that overlooked,very desirable NOS whatever....... Example- a zero time, round headlight version MAX II certainly couldn't be convincingly passed off as a 2017 anything,other than NOS,or,more correctly, assembled for NOS stock.

Quote Originally Posted by 62saab View Post
    " Example- a zero time, round headlight version MAX II certainly couldn't be convincingly passed off as a 2017 anything,other than NOS,or,more correctly, assembled for NOS stock.
    You could in the bizzaro world of Mudd-ox.
    He tried to pull another fast one and got CAUGHT!
    What he did was wrong,and I think everyone knows it.
    Quit making excuses for him.

Whipper

These AATV's are in the Kelley Blue book.
    A 17yr spread?????

Exactly, and being in KBB they have a value based on their model year. Try to claim theft of a 2013 model with a 2000 model serial number. That would be entertaining. I would assume paying paying property tax on a 2013 would also be more than on a 2000.

+ Reply to Thread