Wood workers

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wood workers

Wood workers

As some of you are aware I work in some not so nice places, I am currently in Africa and my team just moved into a 100 percent Teak wood compound, the 10X12 huts we each have is 100 percent teak, the deck's attaching all the huts are 100 percent teak, they make fire's at night using teak, the teak wood where I am is like pine to us. The grade of teak used is probably a B to a C, I brought 6 pieces 1x4x15 inches home with me last rotation and once planned down it was dark with rich grain, I made a lazy susan out of it,
    next I will make a cutting board in the shape of Maine. Just thought some wood workers would find this interesting.

Larry

That's neat. I'm a woodworker/home improvement guy myself. The interesting thing is your story magnifies the fact that we value our resources differently depending on availability. Here in MS we don't think twice about having fertile soil and abundant drinking/irrigation water.

Very interested , any pics?
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

Teak Hut Pictures

below is a dropbox link to my TEAK compound, on one of the pictures you will see a pile of scape which would be worth $$ in the US but burning material here.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qcz1brdtt...Ryh8iHGCa?dl=0

Nice work
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

Very nice! Beautiful wood. Is that razor wire along the top of the privacy fence?

Yes that is Razor wire, I am not in a very hospitable location. I am in the middle of the bush literally in the central Africa region, I cant get into exact location. a few months ago we had to bug out quickly for a week due to some deteriating security issues in the area but all seems better for now.

Larry

Hey Larry, I used to live in Fort Kent. Worked for a small town contractor out of Eagle Lake. Worked on a lot of house projects in PI and Caribou. My money situation at the time wasn't working out for me, had to high tail back to Mass. Was up for a few days last week snowshoeing with some family that's still up there, LOT of snow left...Really wish i could've stayed up there. Spent a lot of time in the Mid East too, playin' Army!

Glad to hear your on your way back safe. GREAT pictures, thanks for a different view of other places resources.

+ Reply to Thread