Another max 4 rebuild

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Another max 4 rebuild

20191025_163214.jpg20191025_163249.jpgSoo. I opened the t20 transmission just to do a once over and to replace bearings and seals as needed. I came across as an issue with a lower mount bolt stud cracked on the inside. I went to investigate and unfortunately the casting over the stud broke off. How concerned should I be about this? What are your suggestion? Thanks

20191026_153205.jpg20191026_153224.jpgOk so newest load of fun with with transmission is the center plate. I didn't see it until reassembly go figure. There is damage to the area where the thrust washer goes. It seems it wore away pretty good when compared to the other side. Not sure why or how this happened. Can this be fixed short of buying a new plate or is that the only option. Also what could I do to prevent this in the future if anything at all. Thanks again

It looks like it may have been assembled without a thrust washer . You may get buy with a just a new thrust washer. If you want to adjust the clearance and salvage the center plate there are shims available from McMaster Carr. Its amazing what a T20 will tolerate.
    Acta non verba

Quote Originally Posted by jerseybigfoot View Post
    It looks like it may have been assembled without a thrust washer . You may get buy with a just a new thrust washer. If you want to adjust the clearance and salvage the center plate there are shims available from McMaster Carr. Its amazing what a T20 will tolerate.
    I can deal with shimming it. it looks as though the gear was chewing away at it but the gear looks fine as best I can tell. what would your do with the situation with the case bolt? Im un decided as to what I wan to do with that.

Nmmichris, I have a parts transmission if you would like to buy a center plate and case half. If you're interested, I'll post some pics so you can see what I have. Which half do you need - belt side or other side? Is yours a popsicle or U channel style?

It's the right side case half. It has the U channel style. I'll have to check out that drum that was on the damaged side and make sure that lining isn't destroyed. And verify the sun gear. I hope this is the end of the major issues with this. Really want to get this running

Ok. I'll get some pics of my right hand case half.

Here's some pics of the case. Note that the RH side of this transmission shows the input shaft. This is actually put together backwards as I just threw it together to keep up with all the parts. I also want to point out that the plunger holes have been sleeved. I don't know if it was original or a repair of some type. I have never run this transmission. Also, I have drilled and tapped this case half to pin the U channel.

PM me and we will workout the details.

20191027_131103[1].jpg20191027_131024[1].jpg20191027_131046[1].jpg20191027_131146[1].jpg

hows the center plate look?

I sent you a PM.

+ Reply to Thread