6x6 World - Custom Exhaust for Briggs Vanguard

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
  • Custom exhaust for your Briggs Vanguard!

Well I finished my exhaust tonight and here is the info on what I did:

the pipe I ordered from this site
    Exhaust Header U-weld Kit - BMI Karts and Supplies - Home

With 2 of these kits I had all the bends I needed to make my exhaust in the size I wanted. The price was decent for mandrel bent tubing from what I've seen. I made the pipes 16 inches of 1 " O.D. pipe. I did this based on what the mower racing guys recommend. Actually they recommend 12 to 15 inches but 16 worked easier on my machine to get the exhaust to exit evenly. After the 1 " pipe I opened it up to 1.25" O.D. pipe for around 12 inches to exit the machine. The flanges I ordered direct from Briggs Part #692074 this should work on most Vanguard engines.

I had a local welder weld it for me. One note here I tried to have it welded off of the machine but it is next to impossible to get everything correct without tack welding it while on the machine. My first attempt ended up horrible I had to buy more flanges and if you look close the pipes are a little to the right of center because of what I had to cut off. Oh Well live and learn!

I finished it off with 2 RLV silencers for 1 5/16" for modified engines these can be purchased on any Kart racing website. To clamp them on I used 2 piece split shaft collars in 1 3/8" and these worked better than I hoped. I then used a standard ratchet clamp to stabilize them together.

I may attach a metal brace to the engine if it needs it

Mike

This article was originally published in forum thread: Custom exhaust for your Briggs Vanguard! started by micmac View original post
  • 6x6 ATVs on eBay

• 6x6 World Sponsors