6x6 World - How to build a CO2 Tire Inflator

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
  • How to build a CO2 Tire Inflator

I am sure there are many ways this could have been built but I just wanted something to seat beads and inflate tires on my ATVs in the field and I didn't want to spend a whole lot of money. The CO2 Paintball Universal Fill Adapter is the key part. It screws on the top of any paintball tank and when the knob is turned, a pin pushes down on the release pin of the paintball tank and releases the pressure out of the threaded hole on the side.

Materials:
    1 CO2 Paintball tank (I used a 24 oz.)
    1 CO2 Paintball Universal Fill Adapter (I got mine from ebay)
    1 pneumatic tire chuck (I used a locking one)
    1 1/8" street elbow
    1 1/8" pipe nipple
    1 1/4"-1/8" reducer
    2 1/4"X1/4" Hose Barb Adapter
    2 small hose clamps
    A few feet of Braided Vinyl Tubing with a I.D of 1/4"
    Teflon Tape

Tools:
    2 Crescent Wrenches
    Someting to cut the tubing with
    Screwdriver

Assembly:
    Note: It is important to use Teflon Tape on all of the threaded fittings.

Screw a hose barb adapter onto one end of the reduce and the pipe nipple to the other. Screw the street elbow onto the other end of the nipple. Screw the other end of the street elbow into the CO2 Paintball Universal Fill Adapter leaving the elbow pointing a few degrees to the side so the hose will have room to clear the CO2 Paintball tank.

Next, screw a hose barb adapter into the pneumatic tire chuck.

Cut the hose to your desired length and attach one end to the hose barb on the pneumatic tire chuck and the other end to the hose barb on the CO2 Paintball Universal Fill Adapter using hose clamps.

Attach a CO2 Paintball tank of your choice and you are done!!!

Make a holder for your CO2 Tire Inflator
    My CO2 Tire Inflator fits snug in 4" schedule 40 PVC pipe.
    Put a cap on one end of a PVC pipe and a threaded plug on the other and you're done!!!

Improvements:
    I am going to try modifying the pneumatic tire chuck so it is always open. This way, if the pneumatic tire chuck comes off the valve stem and the CO2 tank is open, pressure will not build in the hose.

This article was originally published in forum thread: How to build a CO2 Tire Inflator started by evil8x8 View original post
  • 6x6 ATVs on eBay

• 6x6 World Sponsors

• Latest Poll

Do you want to see a new 6x6world website? (9 Votes)

1. Yes, I'd like to archive the current site and start fresh with modern forum software. (6 Votes)

2. No, I would like to stay on the original website as long as possible. (3 Votes)