6x6 World - Max II chain guide replacement--Max II Teflon Chain Guide Reassembly

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
  • Max II chain guide replacement

Rivet the guide in place.

NOTE: My rivet gun had too large of a head to reach down into the guide. Unfortunately this let the head of the rivet float too far up in the guide to where it would rub the chain. To avoid this I had to place several small washers on the head of the rivet to keep it firm against the guide. Whatever you use just be sure that the rivets stay down as far as they can. You can see the washers I used in this picture:

Notice in the following picture the difference between a correct rivet and an incorrect one. The one on the left is not completely flush and would cause premature wear on the chains. That was the result that I was getting without the washers. The one on the right was is the correct way a rivet should look

Put the guide back on the adjuster and slide the spring clip back into place.

Replace the complete assembly in the frame and insert the bolts.

Position the guide to where it runs straight with the chain. When you tighten it you want the chain to stay in the slots of the guide. Once you have it positioned correctly you should then tighten the nuts of the adjuster.

\

Now you can enjoy trouble-free tight chains for years to come
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Max II chain guide replacement started by Mike View original post
  • 6x6 ATVs on eBay

• 6x6 World Sponsors

• Latest Poll

Do you want to see a new 6x6world website? (9 Votes)

1. Yes, I'd like to archive the current site and start fresh with modern forum software. (6 Votes)

2. No, I would like to stay on the original website as long as possible. (3 Votes)