6x6 World - Lubricating a Max 6x6 Throttle Cable

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
  • Pressure lubricating a Max throttle cable

Every time I go to start my Max in winter the throttle cable is frozen. I have a heated throttle cable but it takes about 20 min idling to get it free. I figured a good way to lube, purge the water and keep it from freezing.

I took a condiment squeeze bottle I had laying around and filled it with antifreeze. You could put your own mixture in it if you are worried about using antifreeze.

Removed the engine cover to get at the cable end. This engine is the 29 Kawasaki.

Loosen the screw and the nut and pull the cable off the engine. Then push the cable into the squeeze bottle.

Push tight against the outer cable housing and squeeze.

You will see the water purge out and then your lube. It only takes a couple of minutes to do this and would probably be faster if you have a friend work the throttle back and forth while you squeeze the bottle.

I probably have a least 100 new bottles like this laying around. I will give some to Jeff and Drew and we can give them out to whoever wants one.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Pressure lubricating a Max throttle cable started by MAX IV Mark View original post
  • 6x6 ATVs on eBay

• 6x6 World Sponsors