6x6 World - Easy T-20 split shifter Guide

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
  • Easy T-20 split shifter Guide

This is on a 94 Max II
    18hp Briggs and Stratton

You will need:
    Grinder
    Welder

I got all my parts from tractor supply.
    Parts List:
    -1/2x1x2 inch steel bushing (anything will work but the inside diameter needs to be 1/2in)
    -1/2in steel pipe (hollow or solid, you only need about a foot)
    -shift knob of your choosing, I haven't found a matching one yet.
    -2 1/2in inside diameter spacers/washers (the think ones)

Start by cutting the cross shaft. I cut mine an inch and a half from the shift lever. Clean up the rough edge at the cut.

Weld the spacer on leaving 1 inch of the cut shaft exposed, I did this because my connecting spacer is 2 inches long.

Slide the thick washer and the spacer on the other shaft and push them together for a good snug fit. Spot weld washer in place.
    Finish your weld on the bench.

Cut 5.5 inches of pipe, stand the existing shifter up in a vertical position, and weld the pipe on to match the angle of the existing one.

Apply some grease inside the sleeve spacer, and reinstall.
    While reinstalling, I took the spacers out of the bands that hold the linkages in place out to get a tighter fit. I also added grease.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Easy T-20 split shifter Guide started by Rabbit929 View original post
  • 6x6 ATVs on eBay

• 6x6 World Sponsors

• Latest Poll

Do you want to see a new 6x6world website? (9 Votes)

1. Yes, I'd like to archive the current site and start fresh with modern forum software. (6 Votes)

2. No, I would like to stay on the original website as long as possible. (3 Votes)