extra lights - where to mount

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: extra lights - where to mount

extra lights - where to mount

Picked up a pair of extra lights to help see while the snowplow is raised. Got a few ideas on where to stick them, wanted to get the experts opinion before I go and start drilling holes.

I was thinking about mounting them on the peak of plastic at the top of the dashboard, where I imagine the windshield would mount. Are Argo bodies tough enough for me to bolt the light directly through the body there, or should I mount angle iron first, and then bolt the lights through the metal for extra support?

I thought about attatching lights to the plow; but I like the idea of having the extra lights attatched all the time, not just during snow plow season.

Put mine just right up front, didn't like the idea of them sitting up and kinda sticking out.
    Attached Images
    Derek

I recently mounted one of these on the winch roller, and one beside the outboard mount on the rear. It's a flood light so it gies off a bright wide beam. I love it!
    Peterson Manufacturing Halogen Flood Light — 3in. x 5in. Size | Work Lights | Northern Tool + Equipment
    Jeff
    02 Argo Bigfoot

I never get lost : I take expeditions!
    I'm guided by the Magic 8 Ball.

I mounted mine on the top of the front bumper

Ionly put mine on the winch because it was igher than the headlamps. I was looking to cover as wide & far as possible. The rear light is used to see when in the water at nite, or fishing at nite, or just to see what I'm gonna smack when I back up!

For the fella's with roll cages, I can point ya in the direction of how to build a lightbar on top of the cage that will fold down when not needed! That should protet the lights from any damage!
    Jeff
    02 Argo Bigfoot

Last night I started building what looks a bit like a roll bar off the back of the seat with angle iron, which supports a horizontal a few feet above the top of the backseat. I plan on putting a pair of headlights to either side facing front, a flood in the middle facing backwards. I was building it to hang the lights under the bar to protect them from branches, but it would be better to shorten the height of the bar six inches and put the lights on top instead.

Greasemonkey- could you explain your idea on the fold down light bar...

I mounted a peice of 1 1/4 square aluminum stock to the brushguard with 4 screws and mounted the lights to it. If I get into brush the lights will fold back and not break off. works well so far.
    Last edited by chapy; 12-14-2008 at 05:20 PM.

Sorry for the slow reply!

I'm planning on using a peice of 1" inner, and 1"outter diameter tube for a lightbar. Use a few spring buttons to secure the outter tubing in place and have a set of holes drilled to release the outter tube for it to rotate 90*.
    These are what I'm talking about!
    Spring Buttons

They can be found at most local hardware stores, and are very cheap.

I also thought of using these, but would have to use a smaller outter tiameter tube.
    Quick Release Pin
    Jeff
    02 Argo Bigfoot

+ Reply to Thread