Busco Beach in NC October 11-13 2013

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Busco Beach in NC October 11-13 2013

We made it home last night around 9:30pm after the usual 13 hour ride. We're both sorry that we didn't have a chance to say goodbye to everyone, but we really needed to get on the road to make it home at a decent hour.

What a great time! We had tons of machines there by later in the day Friday, and I couldn't keep up with who was coming or going most of the time. A group of 8-12 machines would go out, and we'd run into another group of 4 or 5 from time to time. The rain wasn't too bad, but it certainly made for some nasty conditions. The mud was really unbelievable. "Normal" Busco mudholes that looked pretty sedate would swallow a machine whole. The swampy areas that are usually a little soft (just east of our camping area, in the old oxbow) had about 2-3 feet of water in them. Really neat stuff as you're swimming along a trail that's usually quite dry. I got stuck once or twice in the 980 (huge lie....more like 20 ) but aside from a fragged belt on the 'Fox and two debeaded tires, I don't think I had any casualties. I knew the belt was on her way out, and an on-trail replacement got us up and going right away. 'Race and I had a double-debacle-980-stuck down by the River that totally incapacitated both our machines. We had to winch together to see which fat Hustler pig would come out first. After I got out by basically using the Pimpfoot as an anchor, we hooked my 980 and the 'Fox to Ol' Pimp and tried a 3500rpm, 50hp double Kubota pullout which ended in complete failure. I figured nearly 2k pounds of pulling force would do it, but no traction could be found. I braced the 980 against a tree to hold my machine in one place and eventually got Brian out. What a mess!

Alyssa spent most of the weekend sitting on the hood of the 'Fox trying to ride it vertically out of mudholes, which seemed to meet with success 9 out of 10 times. It's quite a show, but a good portion of the video might need to be rated NC-17.

Jersey made it down with the Copperhea

We had a few new folks there this time, and several of the usual attendees that make this ride an absolute blast. It was wonderful to see all the folks we usually only get to see once, maybe twice a year.

I always get bummed when I read the reports from the Busco trips I've missed. :-(

Sounds like a great trip. We'll be there next spring!
    Banned

Pulled in around 13:30 a little tired and a little hungry. lol Great time with all the regulars and new riders. As Mike said people were coming and going all over the place. It was a great time to pass members on the trails in several locations. There was a huge crowd there this weekend and members were camping in several locations and some one even said JP Swift was there never got to see him but a machine was said to belong to him. Have some pics and videos to post up once i have all the machines unloaded. Hope all make it in safely.

Lewis and Peggy.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways , cigar in one hand, whiskey in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!!"

Mark and I made it to my house around 2:30am. It was a long haul, but well worth it. Sorry we didn't get a chance to say by to a lot of you, but it was pretty hard getting in that late as it was. We unloaded this morning, and Mark left a little after 11:00am to finish his drive up to NY. Thanks OnlyOnce for the night ride. Your driving style is much like mine and scared the crap out of me as a passenger, however, riding in that drivers seat in your machine was pretty cool. Also thanks RacerOne3 for loaning me a few wrenches on the trail. It's amazing how close everyone in the group gets after a few group rides together. I am really proud to be a part of this group and glad to have such great friends.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

below
    1996 MAX IV ,KUBOTA DIESEL
    MAX II 30HP Bandolero

first of three or 4 videos
    1996 MAX IV ,KUBOTA DIESEL
    MAX II 30HP Bandolero

Pulled in last night about 8. The 2 hour pack up in the morning was a bit damp as was the weekend. Had fun with both the Copperhead and the old Argo Bijgoot. Each machine has its own quaities and skill factor. The mud did not deter the CH. I'm glad I made the effort.
    Acta non verba

most fun i have ever had with my max. great group of friends once more to be. mike thanks for showing us around. loved seeing all the cool machines. best part was all the mud,getting stuck and dirty and just stopping and watching people blasting into any hole blasting around and getting pulled out.the best part was the night ride. did,nt know where we were, how deep the holes and did,nt care.my homemade tracks worked good too.will definately see ya again.

Definitely a fun time. I've got a whole list of things to do to the wolf now. It was a lot of fun.
    First ride out was really short because of a axle bolt, but thanks to the PlumCrazy/Toys4Me crew I got back out before the group came back.
    Then the chain fun. Brian, thanks for digging out those bits of gold from Ronda's toolbox. Oh, and I think I still owe you a beer and masterlink.
    Lewis, thank you for letting me drive the Crush, that's a hell of a machine. Thanks Marc for the ride on Sunday, and Jimmy for letting me flip his Max IV on the night ride (Those are always an adventure, huh?)
    Now I have to fix that Tilly on the Wolf, put in new chains/sprockets, bearings and splined axles (Thanks Drew and Z240) And attend to a crack I noticed when I got back.
    See you all next year.
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

first off , I met and talked to a lot of great people, had a wonderful time, it was nasty, but watching you guys ride was awesome, no fear, wish the rain would have held off, sorry I didn't get to say by to everyone, had a great time, will see what spring brings, take care locolouie

+ Reply to Thread